The pRSET vector is designed for high-level prokaryotic expression controlled by the strong bacteriophage T7 promoter. Expression is induced by the production of T7 RNA polymerase in BL21(DE3) E. coli
. These cells also produce T7 lysozyme to reduce basal expression of target genes. The pRSET vector offers:
- Bacteriophage T7 promoter for high-level expression
- T7 gene 10 sequence to provide protein stability
- N-terminal polyhistidine (6xHis) tag for rapid purification with nickel-chelating resin and detection with an Anti-HisG Antibody
- N-terminal Xpress™ epitope for detection with the Anti-Xpress™ Antibody
- Enterokinase cleavage site for removal of fusion tag
A set of three vectors is provided (A, B, and C). Each has the N-terminal tag coding sequence in a different reading frame relative to the multiple cloning site to simplify in-frame cloning of your gene.