The Novex® Semi-Dry Blotter quickly and efficiently transfers proteins and nucleic acids from mini and midi gels to membranes. Simultaneous transfer can be achieved from up to 2 midi gels, 4 mini gels, or 2 E-PAGE™ gels. The Novex® Semi-Dry Blotter is designed for fast set-up and ease of use. The platinum-coated titanium anode plate and stainless steel cathode plate provide fast and efficient electroblotting using less transfer buffer than wet (tank) blotting methods.
The Novex® Semi-Dry Blotter is designed for convenience and efficiency:
• Economical – Horizontal configuration requires less than 200 ml of buffer to transfer
• High-capacity – A large, 20 x 20 cm transfer surface allows up to two midi gels or four mini gels to be transferred at one time
• Flexible – Field strength across the blot is maximized and evenly distributed, for efficient and complete transfers regardless of the number and size of gels blotted
• Durable – Stainless steel and platinum-coated titanium electrodes allow for corrosion-free operation
• Fast – Blotting is typically completed in 30-60 minA Complete Western Blotting System
Life Technologies offers precut (8.3 cm × 7.3 cm) and pre-assembled membranes and filter paper sandwiches (available separately) to further simplify and speed the western blotting process. Choose between Invitrolon™ PVDF (LC2002
), or nitrocellulose (LC2000
) containing sandwiches.
The Novex® Semi-Dry Blotter requires an external power supply for operation (up to 800 mA, depending on the number and size of blots).