The Image-iT® Fixation/Permeabilization Kit Gives You:
- A complete fixation/permeabilization kit with ready-to-use components and room temperature storage
- Optimized for secondary antibody labeling, fixed-cell dye staining, and GFP applications
- Convenient storage box, 1X ready-to-use components with 18 months room temp stability, and protocol on the inner lid
- Compatible with analysis of most cellular antigens
- Reduced background staining
The components of the Image-iT® Fixation/Permeabilization Kit were chosen to meet the wide range of sample preparation requirements demanded for successful fluorescent imaging of fixed and permeabilized cells. Care was taken to optimize the reagents for both preservation of 3D cellular structure and adequate antibody access to intracellular antigenic sites. The kit components were extensively tested with both nuclear and cytoplasmic targets (Figures 1 and 2) and showed equal or superior results compared to standard reagents.
A Simple Protocol Optimized for Fluorescent Imaging
Cells are treated sequentially with the fixative, permeabilization solution, and blocking buffer according to a simplified and easy-to-follow protocol. This procedure affords optimal access to intracellular structures for antibodies and fixed cell dyes and maintains cellular morphology for subsequent fluorescent cell imaging. The high quality components and optimized formulations help decrease background staining, consequently improving signal-to-noise levels and image quality.
Convenient, Room Temperature-Stable Kit Lets You Work More Efficiently
To expedite the cell fixation and permeabilization workflow, we have packaged the components in single-use vials. The kit comes in a neatly designed box with an easy-to-follow protocol on the inside flap so that it is always handy when you need it. There is now no need to order multiple reagents and then dilute, aliquot, and store them separately under conditions that are not necessarily optimal. The Image-iT® Fixation/Permeabilization Kit is stable at room temperature for 18 months and contains everything you need to prepare your cells for immunocytochemical or fixed-cell dye staining applications. All components are provided at 1X and are ready to use.
The Image-iT® Fixation/Permeabilization Kit Contains:
- Fixative: High purity 4% formaldehyde in PBS, pH=7.3
- Permeabilization solution: 0.5% Triton X-100
- Blocking buffer: 3% BSA, fraction V, de-lipidated, New Zealand source, in DPBS
- Wash solution: PBS, pH 7.4
Tired of poor signal-to-noise? See our collection antifade and signal enhancer products from Molecular Probes®.
For Research Use Only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.