Using the PicoGreen® dsDNA quantitation assay, you can selectively detect as little as 25 pg/ml of dsDNA in the presence of ssDNA, RNA, and free nucleotides (1). The assay is linear over three orders of magnitude and has little sequence dependence, allowing you to accurately measure DNA from many sources, including genomic DNA, viral DNA, miniprep DNA, or PCR amplification products. PicoGreen® dsDNA Quantitation Reagents are:
- Orders of magnitude more sensitive than UV absorbance readings, saving on precious sample (Figure 1)
- Specific for dsDNA in the presence of equimolar amounts of RNA (Figure 2)
- Easy to use-just add the dye to sample, wait 5 minutes, and read
- Suitable for use in 96- and 384-well plate formats
- Compatible with most fluorescence-based microplate readers and fluorometers and Fluorescence
The PicoGreen® dsDNA Quantitation Reagent and Kits are ideal for PCR-based assays, microarray samples, DNA damage assays, enzyme activity assays, genomic DNA quantitation, measuring dsDNA in complex mixtures, and viral DNA quantitation.