- Protects dyes from fading during imaging
- Mix powdered antifade with mounting medium and use the same day
- Mounted samples are stable for months
- Offers excellent photobleaching protection for Texas Red® and most Alexa Fluor® dyes
- Liquid mounting medium component can be used without antifade reagent for acceptor photobleaching FRET experiments
While epoxy-based mountants used in our FluoCells® series of prepared cells can be stable for years and afford the highest level of antifade protection, they are difficult to use, requiring a series of steps in organic solvents prior to mounting. ProLong® and ProLong® Gold antifade reagents are the next best option for archiving samples. And these mountants are the best option for preserving signal strength during prolonged imaging sessions, such as repeated scanning under confocal laser scanning illumination.
Achieve Excellent Refractive Index Matching Without Acrylic Resins
For modern high-resolution imaging applications, refractive index matching is critical. ProLong® antifade reagent will cure to an Rf of 1.47. Additionally, the curing property means you can avoid messy acrylic resins (i.e., finger nail polish), which can damage or ruin modern microscope objectives if it comes into contact with them.
For Research Use Only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.