- Label (Ex/Em): Alexa Fluor® 488 (495/519)
- Acetylated: Yes
- Amount: 200 µL (1.0 mg/mL)
We prepare our LDL and AcLDL products from fresh human plasma approximately every two months. The nonacetylated LDL products are shipped within two weeks of their preparation. All acetylated LDL products are available on a continuous basis.
Nonacetylated vs. Acetylated LDL
LDL containing an unmodified apoprotein is used to study normal cholesterol delivery and internalization. If the lysine residues of LDL’s apoprotein have been acetylated, the LDL complex no longer binds to the LDL receptor, but rather is taken up by endothelial and microglial cells that possess “scavenger” receptors specific for that modified form.
Key Applications for Labeled LDL
Some of the many applications for labeled LDL complexes include:
- Counting cell-surface LDL receptors, and analyzing their motion and clustering following internalization
- Quantitating LDL receptor activity in fibroblasts (replacing the radiolabeled LDL assay)
- Investigating LDL expression and identifying LDL receptor deficiencies in various cell lines