FluoSpheres® Microsphere Specifications
- Label (Ex/Em): Yellow-green fluorescent (505 / 515)
- Nominal bead diameter: 0.04 µm
- Surface modification: Streptavidin
- Solids: 0.5%
- Carboxylate-modified FluoSpheres® beads have a high density of pendent carboxylic acids on their surface, making them suitable for covalent coupling of proteins and other amine-containing biomolecules using water-soluble carbodiimide reagents such as EDAC
- Sulfate FluoSpheres® beads are relatively hydrophobic particles that will passively and nearly irreversibly adsorb almost any protein, including albumin, IgG, avidin, and streptavidin
- Aldehyde—sulfate FluoSpheres® beads have surface aldehyde groups added, designed to react with proteins and other amines under very mild conditions.
- Amine-modified FluoSpheres® beads can be coupled to a wide variety of amine-reactive molecules, including the succinimidyl esters and isothiocyanates of haptens and drugs or the carboxylic acids of proteins, using a water-soluble carbodiimide
- Instrument calibration (flow cytometry, microscopy, HTS, HCS)
- Flow testing (microfluidics, blood flow, water flow, and air flow)
- Cell biology tracers (cell differentiation and cell tracing)
- Immunoassays (agglutination tests, ELISA, particle capture, and contrast reagents)
Among our complete offering of fluorescent microspheres products, you’ll find beads with these variations:
- Ten fluorescent colors
- Ten nominal bead diameters: 0.02 µm, 0.04 µm, 0.1 µm, 0.2 µm, 0.5 µm, 1.0 µm, 2.0 µm, 4.0 µm, 10.0 µm, and 15.0 µm
- Four surface modifications for protein coupling: carboxylate, sulfate, aldehyde-sulfate, amine
- Microspheres that are additionally precoupled with streptavidin, NeutrAvidin, biotin, europium, and platinum
We also offer hundreds of choices for UltraClean™ surfactant-free microspheres for research and commercial applications.
We’ll Make a Custom Microsphere Product for You
We will prepare custom orders upon request. For example, FluoSpheres® beads can be prepared with intensities that are lower than those of our regular selection, a desirable feature in some multicolor applications. Our custom conjugation service is efficient and confidential, and we guarantee the quality of our work. We are ISO 9001:2000 certified.
For Research Use Only. Not intended for animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.