- Flexible – Designed for medium- to high-throughput cloning
- Compatible with genomic DNA – The mcrA mutation supports efficient transfection of methylated DNA
- Convenient – The lacZΔM15 allele permits rapid blue/white screening of transfectants on plates containing X-Gal or Bluo-Gal
- Efficient – The endA1 mutation reduces endonuclease activity, improving plasmid DNA yields
- Reliable – The recA1 mutation reduces unwanted recombination
MultiShot™ StripWell TOP10 Chemically Competent cells are genetically similar to the reliable DH10B™ strain and are available in a 96-stripwell plate to facilitate medium- to high-throughput transformation. After addition of DNA, MultiShot™ StripWell TOP10 Chemically Competent cells can be transformed by heat-shock at 42°C using a water bath. Using our TOPO® cloning protocol and control vector, transformation efficiencies of >1 x 108 cfu/ µg plasmid DNA, and yields of between 100-300 colonies per agar plate can be achieved.
F-mcrA Δ(mrr-hsdRMS-mcrBC) Φ80lacZΔM15 ΔlacX74 recA1 araD139 Δ(ara, leu)7697 galU galK rpsL (StrR) endA1 nupG
Find the Strain and Format That You Need
We also offer many other different strains and formats of chemically competent cells and electrocompetent cells to help meet your specific transformation needs. If you require other highthroughput transformation options, choose from our collection of MultiShot™ formatted comp cells or contact us for custom formatting options.
For Research Use Only. Not intended for animal or human diagnostic or therapeutic use.