- Designed for high-throughput applications – Microtiter plate format designed for automated high-throughput cloning
- Compatible with genomic DNA – The mcrA mutation supports efficient transfection of methylated DNA
- Permits rapid screening – The LacZΔM15 allele permits rapid blue/white screening of transfectants on plates containing X-Gal or Bluo-Gal
- Efficient – The endA1 mutation helps reduce endonuclease activity, improving subsequent plasmid DNA yields
- Reliable – The recA1 mutation helps reduce unwanted recombination
MultiShot™ TOP10 Chemically Competent cells are genetically similar to the reliable DH10B™ strain and are available in five 96-well plates to facilitate high-throughput transformation. After addition of DNA, MultiShot™ TOP10 Chemically Competent cells can be transformed by heat-shock at 42°C using a heat block or thermocycler. Using our TA Cloning® and TOPO® Cloning protocols including controls, yields between 100 to 400 colonies per agar plate are expected.
F-mcrA Δ(mrr-hsdRMS-mcrBC) Φ80lacZΔM15 ΔlacX74 recA1 araD139 Δ(ara, leu)7697 galU galK rpsL (StrR) endA1 nupG
Find the Strain and Format That You Need
We also offer many other different strains and formats of chemically competent cells and electrocompetent cells to help meet your specific transformation needs. If you require other high-throughput transformation options, choose from our collection of MultiShot™ formatted comp cells or contact us for custom formatting options.
For Research Use Only. Not intended for animal or human diagnostic or therapeutic use.