Gibco® CHO CD EfficientFeed™ A nutrient supplement is an animal origin-free, chemically defined complete feed formulation that provides up to 2-5 fold improvement in titers used in fed batch versus batch culture. It contains no proteins, hydrolysates, or components of incompletely defined composition. CHO CD EfficientFeed™ A AGT™ (Advanced Granulation Technology™) Kit Nutrient Supplement provides all the benefits of CHO CD EfficientFeed™ A liquid supplement in a simpler to scale up and reconstitute 2-part kit that is primarily AGT™ dry format material.
The AGT™ format is designed for large scale manufacturing and ease of use. This product is also available in liquid form
for small scale use and experimentation.
• Expect up to 2- to 5-fold increases in productivity
• Avoid issues associated with the use of hydrolysates and other alternatives while gaining superior performance
• Simplify scale-up by leveraging the value of AGT™ simple reconstitution
• Achieve performance comparable to original liquid catalog product
• Ready for larger scale use with convenient packaging options (10 L and 100 L)Which EfficientFeed™ Nutrient Supplement to Choose?
Consider the CHO CD Efficient Feed™ Kit
• You are using a base medium with less than 6 g/L glucose and no hydrolysate at day 0
Consider CHO CD EfficientFeed™ A supplement
• You are currently using CD OptiCHO™ as your base cell growth medium
Consider CHO CD EfficientFeed™ B supplement
• You are currently using CD CHO as your base cell growth medium
Consider CD EfficientFeed™ C AGT™ supplement
• You want higher productivity in GS CHO and other selected cell lines
• You are currently using CD FortiCHO™ as your base cell growth medium
• You are using a base medium with greater than 6 g/L glucose or a hydrolysate at day 0Increased Titers
CHO CD EfficientFeed™ supplements have been shown to increase titers 2-5 fold versus batch culture, and are an excellent starting point for process development (Figures 1a & 1b). Furthermore, they outperform competitive alternatives, including less consistent hydrolysates (Figures 2,3a, &3b).Simple Scale-Up and Cost Savings
The ability to scale up in a dry format provides ease of handling and storage in manufacturing and other bioprocess settings. With AGT™ (Advanced Granulation Technology™) dry format, it is possible to store and use the product even more easily and safely than traditional dry format products. CHO CD EfficientFeed™ A AGT™ supplement is offered in 10 L and 100 L packaging that allows scale-up from the 1 L liquid supplement as a seamless process, as well as allow for cost savings when purchasing production-level volumes.Comparable Performance to Liquid Supplement
Equally important as the convenience and simplicity of AGT™ (Advanced Granulation Technology™)
dry format is the comparable performance to the liquid CHO CD EfficientFeed™ A
supplement (Figure 4). Both forms have performed similarly in our testing, and the AGT™ version has been used successfully as a prototype in many processes by multiple companies.AGT™ Format Ease of Use
CHO CD EfficientFeed™ A AGT™ Kit Nutrient Supplement delivers dry format scale-up convenience as well as simple reconstitution with approximately 1% concentrated solution add back. For more details, consult the supporting documents provided with the AGT™ format product.
For research or further manufacturing use. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.