The PichiaPink™ Secreted Vector Kit contains the pPINKα-HC vector for use with the PichiaPink™ Yeast Expression System. The pPINKα-HC vector is built around the ADE2
gene for complementing the complementing the ade2
deletion in the PichiaPink™ strains. The pPINKα-HC vector has the α-mating factor secretion signal sequence so that all proteins are secreted. You can order the PichiaPink™ Secreted Vector Kit to refill your PichiaPink™ Yeast Expression System Kit.
The PichiaPink™ Secreted Vector Kit comes with:
• pPINKα-HC vector (high-copy number) (20 µg)
• 5’α-factor sequencing primer (20 µg)
• 3’CYC1 sequencing primer (20 µg)
• One Shot® TOP10™ Electrocomp™ E. coli
(Cat. No. C404052)Why Choose the PichiaPink™ Yeast Expression System?
The PichiaPink™ Yeast Expression System is based on the yeast Pichia pastoris
. Advantages of Pichia pastoris
include rapid growth, well-defined genetic background, simple media formulation, and easy handling. For over 30 years, Pichia pastoris
has been used by labs around the world for producing hundreds of different proteins from many species including human (Ref 1, 2). The PichiaPink™ Yeast Expression System allows convenient and cost-effective protein production from small to large scales.
For information on obtaining a commercial-use license for the PichiaPink™Yeast Expression System, please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Research Use Only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use. Related Links
• Download the pPINKα-HC plasmid map (PDF)
• Learn more about the PichiaPink™ Yeast Expression System
• Learn more about other protein expression systems from Life Technologies
1. Cereghino JL, Cregg JM. Heterologous protein expression in the methylotrophic yeast Pichia pastoris. FEMS Microbiol Rev. 2000 Jan;24(1):45-66. [PubMed
2. Cereghino GP, Cereghino JL, Ilgen C, Cregg JM. Production of recombinant proteins in fermenter cultures of the yeast Pichia pastoris. Curr Opin Biotechnol. 2002 Aug;13(4):329-32. [PubMed