Gibco® CHO CD EfficientFeed™ B liquid nutrient supplement is a product for fed batch addition to the culture of multiple cell lines. CHO CD EfficientFeed™ B liquid nutrient supplement is an animal origin-free, chemically defined formulation that contains no proteins, hydrolysates, or components of incompletely defined composition.
The liquid format is designed for small scale use and experimentation. This product is also available in AGT™ format
for large scale manufacturing and ease of use.
• Expect up to 2- to 5-fold increases in productivity
• Avoid issues associated with the use of hydrolysates and other alternatives while gaining superior performance
• Ready for larger scale use with convenient packaging options (10 L and 100 L)Which EfficientFeed™ Nutrient Supplement to Choose?
Consider the CHO CD Efficient Feed™ Kit
• You are using a base medium with less than 6 g/L glucose and no hydrolysate at day 0
Consider CHO CD EfficientFeed™ A supplement
• You are currently using CD OptiCHO™ as your base cell growth medium
Consider CHO CD EfficientFeed™ B supplement
• You are currently using CD CHO as your base cell growth medium
Consider CD EfficientFeed™ C AGT™ supplement
• You want higher productivity in GS CHO and other selected cell lines
• You are currently using CD FortiCHO™ as your base cell growth medium
• You are using a base medium with greater than 6 g/L glucose or a hydrolysate at day 0Increased Titers
CHO CD EfficientFeed™ supplements have been shown to increase titers 2-5 fold versus batch culture, and are an excellent starting point for process development (Figures 1a & 1b). Furthermore, they outperform competitive alternatives, including less consistent hydrolysates (Figures 2, 3a & 3b).Simple Scale-Up and Cost Savings
The ability to scale up in a dry format provides ease of handling and storage in manufacturing and other bioprocess settings. With AGT™ (Advanced Granulation Technology™) dry format, it is possible to store and use the product even more easily and safely than traditional dry format products. CHO CD EfficientFeed™ B AGT™ supplement is offered in 10 L and 100 L packaging that allows scale-up from the 1 L liquid supplement as a seamless process, as well as allow for cost savings when purchasing production level volumes.Comparable Performance to Liquid Supplement
Equally important as the convenience and simplicity of AGT™ (Advanced Granulation Technology™) dry format is the comparable performance to the liquid CHO CD EfficientFeed™ B supplement (Figure 4). Both forms have performed similarly in our testing, and the AGT™ version has been used successfully as a prototype in many processes by multiple companies.AGT™ Format Ease of UseCHO CD EfficientFeed™ B AGT™ Nutrient Supplement
delivers dry format scale-up convenience as well as simple reconstitution in a single part AGT dry format. For more details, consult the supporting documents provided on the AGT™ format product page.
For research or further manufacturing use. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.