Recombinant antibody characteristics include:
• Validation in Immunoprecipitation
• Superior lot-to-lot consistency
• Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
• Recombinant mouse monoclonal antibody
• Specific for TAF1
TAF 1 proteins are TATA Box Associated Factors (TAFs) that are required for RNA Polymerase-dependent transcription initiation (1). TAF1 interacts with the various components of the transcriptional pre-initiation complex to initialize and stabilize its formation (2). TAF 1 regulates the transcriptional activity of various genes through its kinase activity, ubiquitin activation, and conjugated associated domains (3). TAF1 has also been shown to play a role in apoptosis induced by oxidative and genotoxic stress, and may regulate apoptosis by regulating p27(Kip1) expression (4).
Exceptional Consistency Saves You Time and Money
Recombinant antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot.
High Specificity Means More Reliable Data
The recombinant technology employed in manufacture of the antibody assures greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved. Invitrogen has validated this antibody in immunoprecipitation.
High Sensitivity Lets You Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
Recombinant antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant mouse IgG – Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of recombinant antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For Research Use Only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Learn more about the superior performance of ABfinity™ recombinant monoclonal antibodies.
See Invitrogen's full line of ABfinity™ recombinant monoclonal antibodies.
- L Comai, JC Zomerdijk, H Beckmann, S Zhou, A Admon and R Tjian. Reconstitution of transcription factor SL1: exclusive binding of TBP by SL1 or TFIID subunits, Science 23 December 1994: Vol. 266 no. 5193 pp. 1966-1972
- Holger Beckmann, Jin-Long Chen, Thomas O'Brien, Robert Tjian. Coactivator and Promoter-Selective Properties of RNA Polymerase I TAFs Science 1 December 1995: Vol. 270 no. 5241 pp. 1506-1509
- Devaiah BN, Lu H, Gegonne A, Sercan Z, Zhang H, Clifford RJ, Lee MP, Singer DS. Novel functions for TAF7, a regulator of TAF1-independent transcription. J Biol Chem. 2010 Dec 10;285(50):38772-80
- Kimura J, Nguyen ST, Liu H, Taira N, Miki Y, Yoshida K. A functional genome-wide RNAi screen identifies TAF1 as a regulator for apoptosis in response to genotoxic stress. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008 Sep;36(16):5250-9