Recombinant antibody characteristics include:
• Validation in Immunoprecipitation
• Superior lot-to-lot consistency
• Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
• Recombinant mouse monoclonal antibody
• Specific for L3MBTL1
Lethal(3)malignant brain tumor-like protein 1, L3MBTL1, is a member of the the PcG (Polycomb group) of chromatin-associated proteins originally defined by their ability to maintain long-term repression of homeotic genes during embryogenesis (1). The L3MBTL1 gene gives rise to three major mRNA species that encode protein isoforms that differ at their C-terminal regions and contain respectively, 772, 752, and 738 amino acids. This protein contains three MBT (Malignant Brain Tumor) repeats, which assume a three-bladed propeller-like architecture, a Zn finger motif, and an SPM dimerization domain with which it can selectively bind histone tails depending on the degree of methylation at specific lysine residues (2,3).
Exceptional Consistency Saves You Time and Money
Recombinant antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot.
High Specificity Means More Reliable Data
The recombinant technology employed in manufacture of the antibody assures greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved. Life Technologies has validated this antibody in immunoprecipitation.
High Sensitivity Lets You Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
Recombinant antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant mouse IgG – Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of recombinant antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For Research Use Only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Learn more about the superior performance of ABfinity™ recombinant monoclonal antibodies.
See Life Technologies' full line of ABfinity™ recombinant monoclonal antibodies.
- Boccuni P, MacGrogan D, Scandura JM, Nimer SD. The Human L(3)MBT Polycomb Group Protein is a Transcriptional Repressor and Interacts Physically and Functionally with TEL (ETV6). J Biol Chem 2003 Apr 278 (17): 15412-15420
- Qin J, Van Buren D, Huang H, Zhong L, Mostoslavsky R, Akbarian S, Hock H. Chromatin Protein L3MBTL1 Is Dispensable for Development and Tumor Suppression in Mice. J Biol Chem 2010 Sept 285(36): 27767-27775
- Trojer P, Li G, Sims RJ, Vaquero A, Kalakonda N, Boccuni P, Lee D, Erdjument-Bromage H, Tempst P, Nimer SD, Wang Y, Reinberg D. L3MBTL1, a Histone-Methylation-Dependent Chromatin Lock. Cell 2007 June 129: 915-928