• Validated in western blot and indirect ELISA
• Isotype: Rabbit IgG
• Concentration: 0.5 mg/ml
• Buffer: Phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) with 0.09% sodium azide
Oligoclonal Antibodies – Exceptional Consistency Helps Save Time and Money
Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies are a pool of monoclonal rabbit IgG antibodies targeted against a specific antigen. Oligoclonal antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot.
Oligoclonal Antibody Advantages Include:
• Superior lot-to-lot consistency
• Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
• Validation by Life Technologies
Specific for GLP-1
Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) acts as an antihyperglycemic hormone. GLP-1 stimulates glucose-dependent insulin release and maintains circulating levels of glucose (Reference 1). This protein is derived from the transcription product of the proglucagon gene. GLP-1 is secreted by intestinal L-cells as a gut hormone. The protein has two forms: GLP-1(7-37) and GLP-1(7-36) amide form, which are both biologically active (Reference 2). These two forms result from selective cleavage of proglucagon. GLP-1 is also known to inhibit apoptosis of pancreatic beta cells, and to stimulate the proliferation of insulin-secreting beta cells.
Obtain More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved.
Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant Rabbit IgG – Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of rabbit oligoclonal antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For research use only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Rapidly Locate the Antibody You Need Using the Antibody Search Tool
- Vahl TP, Paty BW, Fuller BD, Prigeon RL, D'Alessio DA. Effects of GLP-1-(7-36) NH2, GLP-1-(7-37), and GLP-1- (9-36)NH2 on intravenous glucose tolerance and glucose-induced insulin secretion in healthy humans. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Apr;88(4):1772-9.
- Orskov C, Rabenhøj L, Wettergren A, Kofod H, Holst JJ. Tissue and plasma concentrations of amidated and glycine-extended glucagon-like peptide I in humans. Diabetes. 1994 Apr; 43(4):535-9.