• Validated in Immunocytochemistry, Western Blot and indirect ELISA
• Isotype: Rabbit IgG
• Concentration: 0.5 mg/ml
• Buffer: Phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) with 0.09% sodium azide
Oligoclonal Antibodies – Exceptional Consistency Helps Save Time and Money
Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies are a pool of monoclonal rabbit IgG antibodies targeted against a specific antigen. Oligoclonal antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot.
Oligoclonal Antibody Advantages Include:
• Superior lot-to-lot consistency
• Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
• Validation by Life Technologies
Specific for P-Selectin
P-selectin is a 140 kDa type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein and is stored in Weibel-Palade bodies of endothelial cells as well as in α-granules of platelets (1, 2). From there, it can rapidly be brought to the cell surface after exposure to thrombin, histamine, complement 5a, Ca21 ionophores, or adenosine diphosphate (1-4). One of the most commonly studied proteins that regulate cell rolling is P-selectin. Researchers have also found that P-selectin contributes to the adverse vascular processes that promote cognitive impairment in individuals with cardiovascular disease (5).
Obtain More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved.
Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant Rabbit IgG – Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of rabbit oligoclonal antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For research use only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Rapidly Locate the Antibody You Need Using the Antibody Search Tool
- Geng, J. G., Bevilacqua, M. P., Moore, K. L., McIntyre, T. M., Prescott, S. M., Kim, J. M., Bliss, G. A., Zimmerman, G. A., and McEver, R. P. (1990) Rapid neutrophil adhesion to activated endothelium mediated by GMP-140. Nature (London) 343, 757-760
- McEver, R. P., Beckstead, J. H., Moore, K. L., Marshall-Carlson, L., and Bainton, D. F. (1989) GMP-140, a platelet alpha-granule membrane protein, is also synthesized by vascular endothelial cells and is localized in Weibel-Palade bodies. J. Clin. Invest. 84, 92-99
- Berman, C. L., Yeo, E. L., Wencel-Drake, J. D., Furie, B. C., Ginsberg, M. H., and Furie, B. (1986) A platelet alpha granule membrane protein that is associated with the plasma membrane after activation. Characterization and subcellular localization of platelet activation-dependent granule-external membrane protein. J. Clin. Invest. 78, 130-137
- Foreman, K. E., Vaporciyan, A. A., Bonish, B. K., Jones, M. L., Johnson, K. J., Glovsky, M. M., Eddy, S. M., and Ward, P. A. (1994) C5a-induced expression of P-selectin in endothelial cells. J Clin Invest. 1994 Sep;94(3):1147-55