• Validated in western blot and indirect ELISA
• Isotype: Rabbit IgG
• Concentration: 0.5 mg/ml
• Buffer: Phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) with 0.09% sodium azide
Oligoclonal Antibodies - Exceptional Consistency Helps Save Time and Money
Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies are a pool of monoclonal rabbit IgG antibodies targeted against a specific antigen. Oligoclonal antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot.
Oligoclonal Antibody Advantages Include:
• Superior lot-to-lot consistency
• Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
• Validation by Invitrogen
Specific for Interleukin 1 Beta
Interleukin 1β, also known as Catabolin, is encoded by the gene IL1B located on chromosome 2. The IL1B gene along with eight other interleukin 1 genes forms a cytokine cluster on chromosome 2 (1). IL1β is secreted in its pro form by activated macrophages, and is enzymatically cleaved by caspase 1 to form the active protein (2). IL1β mediates inflammatory responses and also plays important roles in apoptosis, cell proliferation, and cell differentiation (3).
Obtain More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved.
Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant Rabbit IgG - Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of rabbit oligoclonal antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For research use only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Rapidly Locate the Antibody You Need Using the Antibody Search Tool
- A sequence-based map of the nine genes of the human interleukin-1 cluster. Nicklin M.J., Barton J.L., Nguyen M., FitzGerald M.G., Duff G.W., Kornman K. Genomics 79, 718-725 (2002) [Full text:10.1006/geno.2002.6751] [PubMed:11991722] .
- Human interleukin-1 beta gene. Bensi G., Raugei G., Palla E., Carinci V., Tornese Buonamassa D., Melli M. Gene 52, 95-9101 (1987) [PubMed:2954882].
- Phosphorylation and acetylation of histone H3 and autoregulation by early growth response 1 mediate interleukin 1beta induction of early growth response 1 transcription.Wang B., Chen J., Santiago F.S., Janes M., Kavurma M.M., Chong B.H., Pimanda J.E., Khachigian L.M. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 30, 536-545 (2010) [Fulltext:10.1161/ATVBAHA.109.193821] [PubMed:20018936]