- Validated in Western Blot and indirect ELISA
- Isotype: Rabbit IgG
- Concentration: 0.5 mg/ml
- Buffer: Phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) with 0.09% sodium azide
Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies are a pool of monoclonal rabbit IgG antibodies targeted against a specific antigen. Oligoclonal antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot.
Oligoclonal Antibody Advantages Include:
- Superior lot-to-lot consistency
- Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
- Validation by Invitrogen
CREB (cAMP responsive element binding protein) is a 37kDa transcription factor belonging to the leucine zipper family (Ref 1). It binds to the cyclic-AMP response element as a homodimer (Ref 2); upon hormone-dependent stimulation of the cyclic-AMP pathway, phosphorylated CREB1 acts as an inducer of transcription. CREB is phosphorylated at Ser133 by various signaling pathways including Ca2+ and stress signaling (Ref 3, 4). CREB1 is also known to play an important role in memory formation (Ref 2, 5). Aberration in CREB-mediated gene expression has been linked with Alzheimer disease. (Ref 6).
Obtain More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved
Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant Rabbit IgG-Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of rabbit oligoclonal antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For research use only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Rapidly Locate the Antibody You Need Using the Antibody Search Tool
- Hoeffler, J.P., Meyer, T.E., Yun, Y., Jameson, J.L., and Habener, J.F. (1988). Cyclic AMP-responsive DNA-binding protein: structure based on a cloned placental cDNA. Science 242, 1430-1433.
- Bartsch, D., Casadio, A., Karl, K.A., Serodio, P., and Kandel, E.R. (1998). CREB1 encodes a nuclear activator, a repressor, and a cytoplasmic modulator that form a regulatory unit critical for long-term facilitation. Cell 95, 211-223.
- Tan, Y., Rouse, J., Zhang, A., Cariati, S., Cohen, P., and Comb, M.J. (1996). FGF and stress regulate CREB and ATF-1 via a pathway involving p38 MAP kinase and MAPKAP kinase-2. The EMBO journal 15, 4629-4642.
- Xing, J., Kornhauser, J.M., Xia, Z., Thiele, E.A., and Greenberg, M.E. (1998). Nerve growth factor activates extracellular signal-regulated kinase and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways to stimulate CREB serine 133 phosphorylation. Molecular and Cellular Biology 18, 1946-1955.