- Validated in Western Blot and indirect ELISA
- Isotype: Rabbit IgG
- Concentration: 0.5 mg/ml
- Buffer: Phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) with 0.09% sodium azide
Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies are a pool of monoclonal rabbit IgG antibodies targeted against a specific antigen. Oligoclonal antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot.
Oligoclonal Antibody Advantages Include:
- Superior lot-to-lot consistency
- Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
- Validation by Invitrogen
GSK3b belongs to the subfamily of glycogen synthase kinases, which plays a central role in energy metabolism, neuronal cell development, and body pattern formation (Ref 1). GSK3a and GSK3b are two isoforms of sizes 51 kDa and 47 kDa, respectively, but are not functionally identical (Ref 2). Through phosphorylation of downstream targets by default and inhibition following extracellular signaling events, GSK3 beta plays a key role in insulin and Wnt signaling. The phosphorylation of GSK3b at S9 position is shown to inhibit its kinase activity (Ref 3).
Obtain More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved
Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant Rabbit IgG-Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of rabbit oligoclonal antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For research use only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Rapidly Locate the Antibody You Need Using the Antibody Search Tool
- Billadeau DD. Primers on molecular pathways. The glycogen synthase kinase 3beta. Pancreatology. 2007;7(5-6):398-402. Epub 2007 Oct 1. Review. PubMed PMID: 17912008
- Doble BW, Woodgett JR. GSK-3: tricks of the trade for a multi-tasking kinase. J Cell Sci. 2003 Apr 1;116(Pt 7):1175-86. Review. PubMed PMID: 12615961
- Kim L, Kimmel AR. GSK3 at the edge: regulation of developmental specification and cell polarization. Curr Drug Targets. 2006 Nov;7(11):1411-9. Review. PubMed PMID: 17100581