- Validated in Western Blot
- Isotype: Rabbit IgG
- Concentration: 0.5 mg/ml
- Buffer: Phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) with 0.09% sodium azide
Oligoclonal Antibodies—Exceptional Consistency Helps Save Time and Money
Invitrogen's oligoclonal antibodies are a pool of monoclonal rabbit IgG antibodies targeted against a specific antigen. Oligoclonal antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot.
Oligoclonal Antibody Advantages Include:
- Superior lot-to-lot consistency
- Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
- Validation by Invitrogen
Specific for AMPKa [pT172]
AMPKa belongs to the family of AMP activated protein kinases, which plays a central role in regulating cellular and organismal energy in response to AMP/ATP balance and intracellular Ca (2+) levels (Ref 1). AMPK exists as a heterotrimer comprising a catalytic alpha subunit and regulatory beta and gamma subunits. Alpha subunit has at least two isoforms (alpha 1 and alpha 2) which differ in their subcellular localization and AMP-dependence (Ref 2). AMPKa is activated by increases in the cellular AMP:ATP ratio caused by metabolic stresses, and it can mediate the effects of the adipokines leptin and adiponectin (Ref 3). Phosphorylation of threonine 172 in the activation loop of the alpha subunit is a key determinant of AMPK activity (Ref 4).
Obtain More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of Invitrogen’s oligoclonal antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved
Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
Invitrogen's oligoclonal antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant Rabbit IgG—Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of rabbit oligoclonal antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For research use only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Rapidly Locate the Antibody You Need Using the Antibody Search Tool
- Kahn BB, Alquier T, Carling D, Hardie DG. AMP-activated protein kinase: ancient energy gauge provides clues to modern understanding of metabolism. Cell Metab. 2005 Jan;1(1):15-25. Review. PubMed PMID: 16054041.
- Stapleton D, Mitchelhill KI, Gao G, Widmer J, Michell BJ, Teh T, House CM, Fernandez CS, Cox T, Witters LA, Kemp BE. Mammalian AMP-activated protein kinase subfamily. J Biol Chem. 1996 Jan 12;271(2):611-4. PubMed PMID: 8557660.
- Woods A, Vertommen D, Neumann D, Turk R, Bayliss J, Schlattner U, Wallimann T, Carling D, Rider MH. Identification of phosphorylation sites in AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) for upstream AMPK kinases and study of their roles by site-directed mutagenesis. J Biol Chem. 2003 Aug 1;278(31):28434-42. PubMed PMID: 12764152.
- Towler MC, Hardie DG. AMP-activated protein kinase in metabolic control and