- Validated in Western Blot and Indirect ELISA
- Isotype: Rabbit IgG
- Concentration: 0.5 mg/ml
- Buffer: Phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) with 0.09% sodium azide
Oligoclonal Antibodies—Exceptional Consistency Helps Save Time and Money
Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies are a pool of monoclonal rabbit IgG antibodies targeted against a specific antigen. Oligoclonal antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot.
Oligoclonal Antibody Advantages Include:
- Superior lot-to-lot consistency
- Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
- Validation by Life Technologies
Specific for Rb [pSpT 249/252]
Rb, also known as Retinoblastoma, is a tumor suppressor protein belonging to the Pocket protein family. It is a nuclear protein widely expressed in retinal cells. pRb prevents the replication of damaged DNA by preventing its progression along the cell cycle through G1 to S (Ref 1,2). It is inactivated by phosphorylation and activated by dephosphorylation. Active (dephosphorylated) pRb binds and inactivates the cellular transcription factor E2F1, the function of which is required for cell cycle progression (Ref 3). In humans, the protein is encoded by the RB1 gene located on the q arm of chromosome 13 (Ref 4). It is known that retinoblastoma is caused by a mutation, or inactivation, of the Rb protein. Splicing errors, point mutations, and small deletions in the promoter region have also been observed as a cause (Ref 5). Phosphorylation of serine 249 and threonine 252 is catalyzed by Cyclin D-cdk4 (Ref 6).
Obtain More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of Invitrogen’s oligoclonal antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved
Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant Rabbit IgG—Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of rabbit oligoclonal antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For research use only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Rapidly Locate the Antibody You Need Using the Antibody Search Tool
- Cooper S, Yu C, Shayman JA. Phosphorylation-dephosphorylation of retinoblastoma protein not necessary for passage through the mammalian cell division cycle. IUBMB Life. 1999 Aug;48(2):225-30. PubMed PMID: 10794602.
- Bourgo RJ, Ehmer U, Sage J, Knudsen ES. RB deletion disrupts coordination between DNA replication licensing and mitotic entry in vivo. Mol Biol Cell. 2011 Apr;22(7):931-9. PubMed PMID: 21289097.
- Rubin SM, Gall AL, Zheng N, Pavletich NP. Structure of the Rb C-terminal domain bound to E2F1-DP1: a mechanism for phosphorylation-induced E2F release. Cell. 2005 Dec 16;123(6):1093-106. PubMed PMID: 16360038.
- Banerjee A, Xu HJ, Hu SX, Araujo D, Takahashi R, Stanbridge EJ, Benedict WF. Changes in growth and tumorigenicity following reconstitution of retinoblastoma gene function in various human cancer cell types by microcell transfer of chromosome 13. Cancer Res. 1992 Nov 15;52(22):6297-304. PubMed PMID: 1423276.
- Shan B, Durfee T, Lee WH. Disruption of RB/E2F-1 interaction by single point mutations in E2F-1 enhances S-phase entry and apoptosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1996 Jan 23;93(2):679-84. PubMed PMID: 8570615.
- Féliers D, Frank MA, Riley DJ. Activation of cyclin D1-Cdk4 and Cdk4-directed phosphorylation of RB protein in diabetic mesangial hypertrophy. Diabetes. 2002 Nov;51(11):3290-9. PubMed PMID: 12401721.