- Validated in Western Blot
- Isotype: Rabbit IgG
- Concentration: 0.5 mg/ml
- Buffer: Phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) with 0.09% sodium azide
Oligoclonal Antibodies—Exceptional Consistency Helps Save Time and Money
Invitrogen's oligoclonal antibodies are a pool of monoclonal rabbit IgG antibodies targeted against a specific antigen. Oligoclonal antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot.
Oligoclonal Antibody Advantages Include:
- Superior lot-to-lot consistency
- Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
- Validation by Invitrogen
Specific for Pyk2 [pY402]
Protein tyrosine kinase (PyK2) is expressed in the central nervous system and in cells derived from hematopoietic lineages (Ref 1, 2). In response to stimuli that increase intracellular calcium concentration, PyK2 is rapidly phosphorylated on its tyrosine residues. On activation of the Pyk2 protein, the MAP kinase signaling pathway is activated, causing modulation of ion channel function (Ref 1). Tyrosine phosphorylation of Pyk2 is catalyzed by protein tyrosine phosphatases (PTPs) and tyrosine kinases. PyK2 phosphorylation has important effects on cell growth, differentiation, metabolism, cell cycle regulation, and cytoskeleton function (Ref 2). The PTK focal adhesion family consists of the FAK (focal adhesion kinase) and the RAFT/Pyk2 kinase proteins, also known as CAK-beta and CADTK (Ref 3).
Obtain More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of Invitrogen’s oligoclonal antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved
Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
Invitrogen's oligoclonal antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant Rabbit IgG—Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of rabbit oligoclonal antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For research use only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Rapidly Locate the Antibody You Need Using the Antibody Search Tool
- Lev S, Moreno H, Martinez R, Canoll P, Peles E, Musacchio JM, Plowman GD, Rudy B, Schlessinger J. Protein tyrosine kinase PYK2 involved in Ca(2+)-induced regulation of ion channel and MAP kinase functions. Nature. 1995 Aug 31;376(6543):737-45. PubMed PMID: 7544443.
- Avraham H, Park SY, Schinkmann K, Avraham S. RAFTK/Pyk2-mediated cellular signaling. Cell Signal. 2000 Mar;12(3):123-33. Review. PubMed PMID: 10704819.
- Sasaki H, Nagura K, Ishino M, Tobioka H, Kotani K, Sasaki T. Cloning and characterization of cell adhesion kinase beta, a novel protein-tyrosine kinase of the focal adhesion kinase subfamily. J Biol Chem. 1995 Sep 8;270(36):21206-19. PubMed PMID: 7673154.