- Validated in Western Blot
- Isotype: Rabbit IgG
- Concentration: 0.5 mg/ml
- Oligoclonal ID:7HCLC
- Buffer: Phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) with 0.09% sodium azide
Oligoclonal Antibodies—Exceptional Consistency Helps Save Time and Money
Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies are a pool of monoclonal rabbit IgG antibodies targeted against a specific antigen. Oligoclonal antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot.
Oligoclonal Antibody Advantages Include:
- Superior lot-to-lot consistency
- Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
- Validation by Life Technologies
Specific for PDI
Protein disulfide isomerase (PDI), an enzyme present in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER), plays an important role in protein folding by facilitating formation of correct disulphide bonds (Ref 1,3). PDI catalyses thiol/disulphide interchange interactions (Ref 3). Depending upon the type of polypeptide substrate and redox potential, it will cause protein disulfide formation, isomerization, or reduction (Ref 3). The PDI family of enzymes, which share homology with the cytoplasmic protein thioredoxin, actively catalyze the processing and maturation of secretory proteins in the endoplasmic reticulum (Ref 2).
Obtain More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of Invitrogen’s oligoclonal antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved
Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant Rabbit IgG—Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of rabbit oligoclonal antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For research use only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Rapidly Locate the Antibody You Need Using the Antibody Search Tool
- Wang Q, Chang A. Eps1, a novel PDI-related protein involved in ER quality control in yeast. EMBO J. 1999 Nov 1;18(21):5972-82. PubMed PMID: 10545109.
- Ferrari DM, Söling HD. The protein disulphide-isomerase family: unravelling a string of folds. Biochem J. 1999 Apr 1;339 ( Pt 1):1-10. Review. PubMed PMID.
- Gething MJ, Sambrook J. Protein folding in the cell. Nature. 1992 Jan 2;355 (6355):33-45. Review. PubMed PMID: 1731198.