- Validated in Western Blot and indirect ELISA
- Isotype: Rabbit IgG
- Concentration: 0.5 mg/ml
- Buffer: Phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) with 0.09% sodium azide
Oligoclonal Antibodies—Exceptional Consistency Helps Save Time and Money
Invitrogen's oligoclonal antibodies are a pool of monoclonal rabbit IgG antibodies targeted against a specific antigen. Oligoclonal antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot.
Oligoclonal Antibody Advantages Include:
- Superior lot-to-lot consistency
- Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
- Validation by Invitrogen
Specific for JNK
C-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK), also known as Mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK8), belongs to the MAPK superfamily, a stress-activated protein kinase family which includes JNK, ERK, and p38 MAP Kinases. MAPKs are serine-threonine protein kinases that are activated in response to a variety of extracellular stimuli and mediate signal transduction from the cell surface to the nucleus (Ref 1). JNK is involved in a wide variety of cellular processes such as proliferation, differentiation, transcription regulation, and development. JNK and p38 MAPK pathways are activated by stress and inflammatory signals (Ref 2,3). Due to differential mRNA splicing, JNK is expressed as ten different isoforms. The predominant forms are JNK1 and JNK2 (Ref 4).
Obtain More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of Invitrogen’s oligoclonal antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved
Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
Invitrogen's oligoclonal antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant Rabbit IgG—Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of rabbit oligoclonal antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For research use only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Rapidly Locate the Antibody You Need Using the Antibody Search Tool
- Himes SR, Sester DP, Ravasi T, Cronau SL, Sasmono T, Hume DA. The JNK are important for development and survival of macrophages. J Immunol. 2006 Feb 15;176 (4):2219-28. PubMed PMID: 16455978.
- Zhou JY, Liu Y, Wu GS. The role of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 in oxidative damage-induced cell death. Cancer Res. 2006 May 1;66 (9):4888-94. PubMed PMID: 16651445.
- Ventura JJ, Cogswell P, Flavell RA, Baldwin AS Jr, Davis RJ. JNK potentiates TNF-stimulated necrosis by increasing the production of cytotoxic reactive oxygen species. Genes Dev. 2004 Dec 1;18 (23):2905 15. PubMed PMID: 15545623.
- Liu J, Minemoto Y, Lin A. c-Jun N-terminal protein kinase 1 (JNK1), but not JNK2, is essential for tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced c-Jun kinase activation and apoptosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2004 Dec;24 (24):10844 56. PubMed PMID: 15572687.