- Validated in Western Blot and indirect ELISA
- Isotype: Rabbit IgG
- Concentration: 0.5 mg/ml
- Buffer: Phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) with 0.09% sodium azide
Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies are a pool of monoclonal rabbit IgG antibodies targeted against a specific antigen. Oligoclonal antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot.
Oligoclonal Antibody Advantages Include:
- Superior lot-to-lot consistency
- Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
- Validation by Life Technologies
Insulin Growth Factor -1 receptor (IGF1R), also known as CD221, belongs to the family of tyrosine receptor kinases involved in activation of various substrates including IGF and neurotensin. It is involved in regulation of metabolism, cell division, maintenance, and the inflammation response (Ref 1, 2, 3). The protein is a tetramer consisting of two each of α and β subunits of which the α -subunit binds to insulin growth factor-1 with higher affinity than to insulin growth factor-2, resulting in conformational change followed by autophosphorylation of IGF-1R at positions 1134, 1135, and 1136 (Ref 4). The activated IGF-1R in turn results in phosphorylation of substrate protein with sequential activation of RAS, RAF, and mitogen-activated protein kinase isoforms of ERKs, p38, and JNK. This results in the transcription of genes that drive proliferation. This antibody recognizes the β -subunit of IGF-1R.
Obtain More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of Invitrogen's oligoclonal antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved
Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant Rabbit IgG—Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of rabbit oligoclonal antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For research use only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Rapidly Locate the Antibody You Need Using the Antibody Search Tool
- Chitnis MM, Yuen JS, Protheroe AS, Pollak M, Macaulay VM. The type 1 insulin-like growth factor receptor pathway. Clin Cancer Res. 2008 Oct 15;14(20):6364-70. Review. PubMed PMID: 18927274.
- LeRoith D. Insulin-like growth factor I receptor signaling—overlapping or redundant pathways? Endocrinology. 2000 Apr;141(4):1287-8. Review. PubMed PMID: 10746630.
- Zhao D, Bakirtzi K, Zhan Y, Zeng H, Koon HW, Pothoulakis C. Insulin like growth factor-1 receptor transactivation modulates the inflammatory and proliferative responses of neurotensin in human colonic epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2011 Feb 25;286(8):6092-9. PubMed PMID: 21212273.
- Tollefsen SE, Stoszek RM, Thompson K. Interaction of the alpha beta dimers of the insulin-like growth factor I receptor is required for receptor autophosphorylation. Biochemistry. 1991 Jan 8;30(1):48-54. PubMed PMID: 1846292.