- Validated in Western Blot
- Isotype: Rabbit IgG
- Concentration: 0.5 mg/ml
- Oligoclonal ID: 18HCLC
- Buffer: Phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) with 0.09% sodium azide
Oligoclonal Antibodies—Exceptional Consistency Helps Save Time and Money
Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies are a pool of monoclonal rabbit IgG antibodies targeted against a specific antigen. Oligoclonal antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot.
Oligoclonal Antibody Advantages Include:
- Superior lot-to-lot consistency
- Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
- Validation by Life Technologies
Specific for HIF1-alpha
Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha (HIF1-alpha), a subunit of HIF1, is a transcription factor found in mammalian cells cultured under reduced oxygen tension (Ref 1, Entrez Gene). HIF1 functions as a transcriptional regulator of the adaptive response to hypoxia; it regulates hypoxia-mediated apoptosis, cell proliferation, and tumor angiogenesis (Ref 2). Hypoxia induces p53 protein accumulation and reduces hypoxia-induced expression of HIF1-alpha by promoting MDM2-mediated ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation under hypoxic conditions (Ref 3-4). Recent studies suggest that induction of NOX4 by HIF1-alpha contributes to maintenance of ROS levels after hypoxia and hypoxia-induced proliferation (Ref 5). In humans, the gene encoding HIF1-alpha is located on the q arm of chromosome 14 (Ref 6).
Obtain More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of Invitrogen’s oligoclonal antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved
Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
Life Technologies' oligoclonal antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant Rabbit IgG—Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of rabbit oligoclonal antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For research use only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Rapidly Locate the Antibody You Need Using the Antibody Search Tool
- Wang GL, Jiang BH, Rue EA, Semenza GL. Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 is a basic-helix-loop-helix-PAS heterodimer regulated by cellular O2 tension. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995 Jun 6; 92(12):5510-4. PubMed PMID: 7539918.
- Carmeliet P, Dor Y, Herbert JM, Fukumura D, Brusselmans K, Dewerchin M, Neeman M, Bono F, Abramovitch R, Maxwell P, Koch CJ, Ratcliffe P, Moons L, Jain RK, Collen D, Keshert E. Role of HIF-1alpha in hypoxia-mediated apoptosis, cell proliferation and tumour angiogenesis. Nature. 1998 Jul 30;394(6692):485-90. Erratum in: Nature 1998 Oct 1;395(6701):525. Keshet E [corrected to Keshert E]. PubMed PMID: 9697772.
- Chen D, Li M, Luo J, Gu W. Direct interactions between HIF-1 alpha and Mdm2 modulate p53 function. J Biol Chem. 2003 Apr 18;278(16):13595-8. Epub 2003 Feb 26. PubMed PMID: 12606552.
- Nieminen AL, Qanungo S, Schneider EA, Jiang BH, Agani FH. Mdm2 and HIF 1 alpha interaction in tumor cells during hypoxia. J Cell Physiol. 2005 Aug;204(2):364-9. PubMed PMID: 15880652.
- Diebold I, Petry A, Hess J, Görlach A. The NADPH oxidase subunit NOX4 is a new target gene of the hypoxia-inducible factor-1. Mol Biol Cell. 2010 Jun 15;21(12):2087-96. Epub 2010 Apr 28. PubMed PMID: 20427574.
- Semenza GL, Rue EA, Iyer NV, Pang MG, Kearns WG. Assignment of the hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha gene to a region of conserved synteny on mouse chromosome 12 and human chromosome 14q. Genomics. 1996 Jun 15;34(3):437-9. PubMed PMID: 8786149.