This purified oligoclonal recombinant rabbit IgG antibody recognizes IL-6 in human samples.Antibody Specifications:
• Validated in Western Blot
• Isotype: Rabbit IgG
• Concentration: 0.5 mg⁄ml
• Buffer: Phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) with 0.09% sodium azide
Oligoclonal Antibodies ---Exceptional Consistency Helps Save Time and Money
Invitrogen’s oligoclonal antibodies are a pool of monoclonal rabbit IgG antibodies targeted against a specific antigen. Oligoclonal antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot. Oligoclonal IL-6 Antibody Advantages Include:
• Superior lot-to-lot consistency
• Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
• Validation by Life Technologies
Specific for IL-6
Interleukin 6 (IL-6) is a cytokine secreted by T cells and macrophages. It has been shown to exhibit activity in response to tissue damage and infection (1), and to be involved in development of blood, cancer, embryonic development, and regulation of the immune system (1, 2). It is a member of a family of cytokines which includes ciliary neurotrophic factor, cardiotrophin-1, leukemia inhibitory factor, and interleukin 11. IL-6 can bring about differentiation through a specific receptor system requiring the signaling subunit gp130 (3).Obtain More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of Invitrogen’s oligoclonal antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved.Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
Invitrogen’s oligoclonal antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies. Recombinant Rabbit IgG--Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of rabbit oligoclonal antibodies produces a 150kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50kDa and 25kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For research use only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.Related Link:Rapidly Locate the Antibody You Need Using the Antibody Search Tool References:
1. Heinrich PC, Behrmann I, Haan S, Hermanns HM, Müller-Newen G, Schaper F. Principles of interleukin (IL)-6-type cytokine signalling and its regulation. Biochem J. 2003 Aug 15;374(Pt 1):1-20. Review. PubMed PMID: 12773095.
2. Kishimoto T. IL-6: from its discovery to clinical applications. Int Immunol. 2010 May;22(5):347-52. Epub 2010 Apr 21. Review. PubMed PMID: 20410258.
3. Simpson RJ, Hammacher A, Smith DK, Matthews JM, Ward LD. Interleukin-6: structure-function relationships. Protein Sci. 1997 May;6(5):929-55. Review. PubMed PMID: 9144766.