This purified oligoclonal recombinant rabbit IgG antibody recognizes IL-4 in human samples.Antibody Specifications:
• Validated in Western Blot
• Isotype: Rabbit IgG
• Concentration: 0.5 mg⁄ml
• Buffer: Phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) with 0.09% sodium azide
Oligoclonal Antibodies ---Exceptional Consistency Helps Save Time and Money
Invitrogen’s oligoclonal antibodies are a pool of monoclonal rabbit IgG antibodies targeted against a specific antigen. Oligoclonal antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot. Oligoclonal IL-4 Antibody Advantages Include:
• Superior lot-to-lot consistency
• Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
• Validation by Invitrogen
Specific for IL-4
Interleukin-4 (IL-4) is a pleiotropic cytokine responsible for differentiation of T-cells and has been found to have a broad range of actions (1). It binds to IL-13, which may result in overlapping functions between IL-4 and IL-13 (2). A signal transducer, STAT6, is known to play an important role in arbitrating the immune regulatory signal of IL-4. The IL-4 gene is found as a cluster with other Interleukin genes on the q arm of chromosome 5 (3).Obtain More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of Invitrogen’s oligoclonal antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved.Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
Invitrogen’s oligoclonal antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies. Recombinant Rabbit IgG--Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of rabbit oligoclonal antibodies produces a 150kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50kDa and 25kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For research use only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.Related Link:Rapidly Locate the Antibody You Need Using the Antibody Search Tool References:
1. Paul WE. Interleukin 4⁄B cell stimulatory factor 1: one lymphokine, many functions. FASEB J. 1987 Dec;1(6):456-61. Review. PubMed PMID: 3315808.
2. Broxmeyer HE, Lu L, Cooper S, Tushinski R, Mochizuki D, Rubin BY, Gillis S, Williams DE. Synergistic effects of purified recombinant human and murine B cell growth factor-1⁄IL-4 on colony formation in vitro by hematopoietic progenitor cells. Multiple actions. J Immunol. 1988 Dec 1;141(11):3852-62. PubMed PMID: 3053902.
3. Arai N, Nomura D, Villaret D, DeWaal Malefijt R, Seiki M, Yoshida M, Minoshima S, Fukuyama R, Maekawa M, Kudoh J, et al. Complete nucleotide sequence of the chromosomal gene for human IL-4 and its expression. J Immunol. 1989 Jan 1;142(1):274-82. PubMed PMID: 2535858.