This purified oligoclonal recombinant rabbit IgG antibody recognizes osteonectin.Antibody Specifications:
• Validated in Western Blot
• Isotype: Rabbit IgG
• Concentration: 0.5 mg⁄ml
• Buffer: Phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) with 0.09% sodium azide
Oligoclonal Antibodies ---Exceptional Consistency Helps Save Time and Money
Invitrogen’s oligoclonal antibodies are a pool of monoclonal rabbit IgG antibodies targeted against a specific antigen. Oligoclonal antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot. Oligoclonal Osteonectin Antibody Advantages Include:
• Superior lot-to-lot consistency
• Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
• Validation by Invitrogen
Specific for Osteonectin
Osteonectin is a matrix-associated protein also known as Secreted Protein Acidic and Rich in Cysteine (SPARC) and Basement Membrane tumor matrix component (BM-40). Though this noncollagenous glycoprotein plays a very important role in bone mineralization, it has also been found to be expressed in tissues performing other functions such as tissue repair, remodeling of tissue, and development (1, 2). Osteonectin is a multifunctional protein with a high affinity for cations and hydroxyapatite. It provides support to the extracellular matrix and mediates the activities of a wide range of growth factors (3). In addition, osteonectin is known to play a vital role in tumor formation (4). Obtain More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of Invitrogen’s oligoclonal antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved.Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
Invitrogen’s oligoclonal antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies. Recombinant Rabbit IgG--Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of rabbit oligoclonal antibodies produces a 150kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50kDa and 25kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For research use only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.Related Link:Rapidly Locate the Antibody You Need Using the Antibody Search Tool References:
1. Yan Q, Sage EH. SPARC, a matricellular glycoprotein with important biological functions. J Histochem Cytochem. 1999 Dec;47(12):1495-506. Review. PubMed PMID: 10567433.
2. Villarreal XC, Mann KG, Long GL. Structure of human osteonectin based upon analysis of cDNA and genomic sequences. Biochemistry. 1989 Jul 25;28(15):6483-91. PubMed PMID: 2790009.
3. Bradshaw AD, Sage EH. SPARC, a matricellular protein that functions in cellular differentiation and tissue response to injury. J Clin Invest. 2001 May;107(9):1049-54. Review. PubMed PMID: 11342565.
4. Gilmour DT, Lyon GJ, Carlton MB, Sanes JR, Cunningham JM, Anderson JR, Hogan BL, Evans MJ, Colledge WH. Mice deficient for the secreted glycoprotein SPARC⁄osteonectin⁄BM40 develop normally but show severe age-onset cataract formation and disruption of the lens. EMBO J. 1998 Apr 1;17(7):1860-70. PubMed PMID: 9524110.