This purified oligoclonal recombinant rabbit IgG antibody recognizes human AKT. Antibody Specifications:
: Rabbit IgG
: 0.5 mg/ml
: Phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) with 0.09% sodium azide
• Validated in Western Blot
Oligoclonal Antibodies—Exceptional Consistency Helps Save Time and Money
Invitrogen’s oligoclonal antibodies are a pool of monoclonal rabbit IgG antibodies targeted against a specific antigen. Oligoclonal antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot. Oligoclonal AKT (Hu) Antibody Advantages Include:
• Superior lot-to-lot consistency
• Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
• Validation by InvitrogenSpecific for AKT
AKT, also known as protein kinase B (PKB) or RAS-alpha, is a ubiquitous serine/threonine kinase. By phosphorylating multiple proteins, AKT plays an important role in diverse biological responses such as regulation of metabolism, cell survival, and growth (Ref 1). This protein kinase is activated by insulin, PI3K, IGF1 and various other growth and survival factors (Ref 2). AKT promotes cell survival by inhibiting apoptosis through phosphorylation and inactivation of several targets, including forkhead transcription factors (Ref 3), and caspase-9 (Ref 4). The AKT pathway is a major target for cancer drug discovery.Obtain More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of Invitrogen’s oligoclonal antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved.Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
Invitrogen’s oligoclonal antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant Rabbit IgG—Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of rabbit oligoclonal antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions, and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For Research Use Only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.Related Link
• Rapidly Locate the Antibody You Need Using the Antibody Search Tool
• Sale, E.M., and Sale, G.J. (2008). Protein kinase B: signaling roles and therapeutic targeting. Cell Mol Life Sci 65, 113-127.
• Alessi, D.R., Andjelkovic, M., Caudwell, B., Cron, P., Morrice, N., Cohen, P., and Hemmings, B.A. (1996). Mechanism of activation of protein kinase B by insulin and IGF-1. The EMBO journal 15, 6541-6551.
• Brunet, A., Bonni, A., Zigmond, M.J., Lin, M.Z., Juo, P., Hu, L.S., Anderson, M.J., Arden, K.C., Blenis, J., and Greenberg, M.E. (1999). Akt promotes cell survival by phosphorylating and inhibiting a Forkhead transcription factor. Cell 96, 857-868.
• Cardone, M.H., Roy, N., Stennicke, H.R., Salvesen, G.S., Franke, T.F., Stanbridge, E., Frisch, S., and Reed, J.C. (1998). Regulation of cell death protease caspase-9 by phosphorylation. Science (New York, NY) 282, 1318-1321.