ABfinity™ antibody characteristics include:
• Validation in Western blot and indirect ELISA
• Superior lot-to-lot consistency
• Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
• Recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody
• Specific for β-2 microglobulin
Beta 2 microglobulin is encoded by the b2m gene located on chromosome 15. It is a low molecular weight protein associated with the HLA complex and is an important cell surface structure. The amino acid sequence of β-2 microglobulin is homologous to the constant regions of immunoglobulin heavy and light chains and has a predominantly beta pleated sheet structure (1). This protein is ubiquitously expressed in the cytoplasm and is involved in antigen processing and presentation (2). Beta-2 microglobulin also plays a role in TCR signaling and downstream signaling in naive CD8+ cells.
Exceptional Consistency Saves You Time and Money
ABfinity™ antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot.
High Specificity Means More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of ABfinity™ antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved. Life Technologies has validated this antibody in Western blotting.
High Sensitivity Lets You Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
ABfinity™ antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant Rabbit IgG – Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of ABfinity™ antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For Research Use Only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Learn more about the superior performance of ABfinity™ recombinant monoclonal antibodies.
See Life Technologies' full line of ABfinity™ recombinant monoclonal antibodies.
- The complete amino acid sequence of beta 2-microglobulin. Cunningham B.A., Wang J.L., Berggård I., Peterson P.A. Biochemistry 12, 4811-4822 (1973) [PubMed:4586824]
- Characteristics of peptide and major histocompatibility complex class I/, beta 2-microglobulin binding to the transporters associated with antigen processing (TAP1 and TAP2), Matthew J. Androlewicz, Bodo Ortmann, Peter M. Van Endertt, Thomas Spiest, and Peter Cresswell Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, Vol. 91, pp. 12716-12720, December 1994