ABfinity™ antibody characteristics include:
- Validation in Western blot and Indirect ELISA
- Superior lot-to-lot consistency
- Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
- Recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody
NF-κB p65 (nuclear factor kappa-light-chain-enhancer of activated B cells Transcription Factor p65), also known as RELA, belongs to the Rel protein family. NF-κB molecules exist in the cytoplasm of most cells in an inert, non-DNA-binding form. Some NF-κB homo- and heterodimers are retained in the cytosol by the inhibitory molecules IκBα, IκBβ, and IκBε. Apparently ankyrin repeats (which mediate protein-protein interactions) in the C-terminal regions of p105 and p100 fold back to mask the nuclear localization sequence of p65 (Ref 1). Activation of NF-κB occurs predominantly through the phosphorylation and degradation of IκB proteins (Ref 2-4). Free NF-κB, which translocates to the nucleus, upregulates expression of many genes involved in developmental processes, cellular growth, apoptosis, and immune and inflammatory responses (Ref 5).
Exceptional Consistency Saves You Time and Money
ABfinity™ antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot.
High Specificity Means More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of ABfinity™ antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved. Invitrogen has validated this antibody in Western blotting.
High Sensitivity Lets You Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
ABfinity™ antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant Rabbit IgG—Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of ABfinity™ antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For Research Use Only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Learn more about the superior performance of ABfinity™ recombinant monoclonal antibodies.
See Invitrogen's full line of ABfinity™ recombinant monoclonal antibodies.
- Grimm S, Baeuerle PA. The inducible transcription factor NF-kappa B: structure-function relationship of its protein subunits. Biochem J. 1993 Mar 1;290 ( Pt 2):297-308. Review. PubMed PMID: 8452515.
- Yamamoto Y, Gaynor RB. IkappaB kinases: key regulators of the NF-kappaB pathway. Trends Biochem Sci. 2004 Feb;29(2):72-9. Review. PubMed PMID: 15102433.
- Perkins ND. Integrating cell-signalling pathways with NF-kappaB and IKK function. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2007 Jan;8(1):49-62. Review. PubMed PMID: 17183360.
- DiDonato JA, Hayakawa M, Rothwarf DM, Zandi E, Karin M. A cytokine-responsive IkappaB kinase that activates the transcription factor NF-kappaB. Nature. 1997 Aug 7;388(6642):548-54. PubMed PMID: 9252186.
- Ghosh S, May MJ, Kopp EB. NF-kappa B and Rel proteins: evolutionarily conserved mediators of immune responses. Annu Rev Immunol. 1998;16:225-60. Review. PubMed PMID: 9597130.