ABfinity™ antibody characteristics include:
- Validation in Western blot and Indirect ELISA
- Superior lot-to-lot consistency
- Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
- Recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody
Proline Rich Akt Substrate of 40 kDa (PRAS40) is a signaling target known to play various regulatory roles in growth, development, and apoptosis by inducing phosphoinositol kinase 3 pathway (Ref 1,2). PRAS40 also acts by binding to mTOR complex 1 and inhibiting mTOR function by altering nutrient balance and growth maintenance (Ref 3). Phosphorylation of PRAS40 by mTORC1 at serine 183, 212, and 221 residues disrupts this binding, thus removing the inhibitory effect.
Exceptional Consistency Saves You Time and Money
ABfinity™ antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot.
High Specificity Means More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of ABfinity™ antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved. Invitrogen has validated this antibody in Western blotting.
High Sensitivity Lets You Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
ABfinity™ antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant Rabbit IgG—Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of ABfinity™ antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For Research Use Only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Learn more about the superior performance of ABfinity™ recombinant monoclonal antibodies.
See Invitrogen's full line of ABfinity™ recombinant monoclonal antibodies.
- Dunlop EA, Tee AR. Mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1: signalling inputs, substrates and feedback mechanisms. Cell Signal. 2009 Jun;21(6):827-35. Review. PubMed PMID: 19166929.
- New DC, Wu K, Kwok AW, Wong YH. G protein-coupled receptor-induced Akt activity in cellular proliferation and apoptosis. FEBS J. 2007 Dec;274(23):6025-36. Review. PubMed PMID: 17949438.
- Wang L, Harris TE, Lawrence JC Jr. Regulation of proline-rich Akt substrate of 40 kDa (PRAS40) function by mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1(mTORC1) mediated phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2008 Jun 6;283(23):15619-27. PubMed PMID: 18372248.