ABfinity™ antibody characteristics include:
- Validation in Western blot and indirect ELISA
- Superior lot-to-lot consistency
- Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
- Recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody
p70 Ribosomal Protein S6 Kinase (p70S6K) is a 70 kDa protein that is a member of the ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) family of serine/threonine kinases. It is predominantly localized in the cytoplasm and is essential for pathways by which growth factors trigger cellular proliferation (Ref 1). Recent studies suggest that p70S6K also regulates cell motility, immune response, and tissue repair (Ref 2). It is activated through the phosphoinositide (PI) 3-kinase-regulated pathway, which is responsible for the generation of inositol lipids, key mediators of intracellular signaling (Ref 2). Activation of p70S6K is linked to the phosphorylation of several threonine and serine residues including T229, T389, T421, S411, and S424. The major rapamycin-sensitive site, threonine 389, is directly phosphorylated in vitro by mTOR (Ref 3, 4).
Exceptional Consistency Saves You Time and Money
ABfinity™ antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to re-validate your assays for each lot.
High Specificity Means More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of ABfinity™ antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved. Invitrogen has validated this antibody in Western blotting.
High Sensitivity Lets You Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
ABfinity™ antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant Rabbit IgG—Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of ABfinity™ antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For Research Use Only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Learn more about the superior performance of ABfinity™ recombinant monoclonal antibodies
See Invitrogen's full line of ABfinity™ recombinant monoclonal antibodies
- Lane HA, Fernandez A, Lamb NJ, Thomas G. p70s6k function is essential for G1 progression. Nature. 1993 May 13;363(6425):170-2. PubMed PMID: 8483501
- Berven LA, Crouch MF. Cellular function of p70S6K: a role in regulating cell motility. Immunol Cell Biol. 2000 Aug;78(4):447-51. Review. PubMed PMID: 10947872
- Zhao C, Yasumura D, Li X, Matthes M, Lloyd M, Nielsen G, Ahern K, Snyder M, Bok D, Dunaief JL, LaVail MM, Vollrath D. mTOR-mediated dedifferentiation of the retinal pigment epithelium initiates photoreceptor degeneration in mice. J Clin Invest. 2011 Jan 4;121(1):369-83. PubMed PMID: 21135502
- Slavik JM, Lim DG, Burakoff SJ, Hafler DA. Uncoupling p70(s6) kinase activation and proliferation: rapamycin-resistant proliferation of human CD8(+) T lymphocytes. J Immunol. 2001 Mar 1;166(5):3201-9. PubMed PMID: 11207273