ABfinity™ antibody characteristics include:
- Validation in Western blot and indirect ELISA
- Superior lot-to-lot consistency
- Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
- Recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody
AKT, a serine/threonine kinase also known as protein Kinase B, is important for the regulation of cell survival (Ref 1). AKT also has key roles in cell proliferation, differentiation, glucose metabolism, and protein synthesis. It can be activated by cytokines and growth factors in the phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase-dependent manner (Ref 2). AKT is activated by phosphorylation of specific kinases, while its activity is reduced by phosphorylation of site-specific phosphatases. It is activated by phospholipid binding and activation loop phosphorylation by PDK1 at threonine 308 (Ref 4). Protein synthesis is activated by AKT via mTOR/P70S6K (Ref 3).
Exceptional Consistency Saves You Time and Money
ABfinity™ antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot.
High Specificity Means More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of ABfinity™ antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved. Invitrogen has validated this antibody in Western blotting.
High Sensitivity Lets You Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
ABfinity™ antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant Rabbit IgG-Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of ABfinity™ antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For Research Use Only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Learn more about the superior performance of ABfinity™ recombinant monoclonal antibodies
See Life Technologies' full line of ABfinity™ recombinant monoclonal antibodies
- Noguchi M, Ropars V, Roumestand C, Suizu F. Proto-oncogene TCL1: more than just a coactivator for Akt. FASEB J. 2007 Aug;21(10):2273-84. Review. PubMed PMID: 17360849.
- Shiojima I, Walsh K. Role of Akt signaling in vascular homeostasis and angiogenesis. Circ Res. 2002 Jun 28;90(12):1243-50. Review. PubMed PMID: 12089061.
- Matheny RW Jr, Adamo ML. Current perspectives on Akt Akt-ivation and Akt-ions. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2009 Nov;234(11):1264-70. Review. PubMed PMID: 19596822.
- Alessi DR, Andjelkovic M, Caudwell B, Cron P, Morrice N, Cohen P, Hemmings BA. Mechanism of activation of protein kinase B by insulin and IGF-1. EMBO J. 1996 Dec 2;15(23):6541-51. PubMed PMID: 8978681.