This purified ABfinity™ recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody recognizes the IL-6 protein in human samples. ABfinity™ antibody characteristics include:
• Validation in Western blot
• Superior lot-to-lot consistency
• Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
• Recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibodySpecific for IL-6
Interleukin-6 (IL-6) is a cytokine secreted by T-cells and macrophages. It has been shown to exhibit activity in response to tissue damage and infection (Ref 1), and to be involved in development of blood, cancer, embryonic development, and regulation of the immune system (Ref 1, 2). It is a member of a family of cytokines which includes ciliary neurotrophic factor, cardiotrophin-1, leukemia inhibitory factor, and interleukin-11. IL-6 can bring about differentiation through a specific receptor system requiring the signaling subunit gp130 (Ref 3).Exceptional Consistency Saves You Time and Money
ABfinity™ antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot. High Specificity Means More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of ABfinity™ antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved. Invitrogen has validated this antibody in Western blotting.High Sensitivity Lets You Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
ABfinity™ antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies. Recombinant Rabbit IgG—Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of ABfinity™ antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For research use only. Not intended for any human or animal therapeutic or diagnostic use. Related Links:Learn more about the superior performance of ABfinity™ Recombinant Monoclonal AntibodiesSee Invitrogen’s full line of ABfinity™ Recombinant Monoclonal AntibodiesReferences:
1. Heinrich PC, Behrmann I, Haan S, Hermanns HM, Müller-Newen G, Schaper F. Principles of interleukin (IL)-6-type cytokine signalling and its regulation. Biochem J. 2003 Aug 15;374(Pt 1):1-20. Review. PubMed PMID: 12773095.
2. Kishimoto T. IL-6: from its discovery to clinical applications. Int Immunol. 2010 May;22(5):347-52. Epub 2010 Apr 21. Review. PubMed PMID: 20410258.
3. Simpson RJ, Hammacher A, Smith DK, Matthews JM, Ward LD. Interleukin-6: structure-function relationships. Protein Sci. 1997 May;6(5):929-55. Review. PubMed PMID: 9144766.