ABfinity™ antibody characteristics include:
- Validation in Western blot
- Superior lot-to-lot consistency
- Extremely high specificity and sensitivity
- Recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody
Specific for MDM2
MDM2, also known as “murine double minute 2," interacts with and negatively regulates the function of the tumor suppressor protein p53 (Ref 1). It binds to p53 thereby inhibiting transactivation; overexpression of MDM2 can result in the inactivation of p53, decreasing tumor suppression. It also inactivates p53 through degradation, as MDM2 possesses E3 ubiquitin ligase activity. MDM2 has shown effects upon apoptosis and the cell cycle upon interacting with other proteins (Ref 2). The gene encoding MDM2 is located on the q arm of chromosome 12 (Ref 3).
Exceptional Consistency Saves You Time and Money
ABfinity™ antibodies are produced by transfection of mammalian cells with heavy and light chain antibody cDNAs. This provides you with the highest consistency between lots, eliminating the need to revalidate your assays for each lot.
High Specificity Means More Reliable Data
The proprietary recombinant technology employed in the production of ABfinity™ antibodies means you are assured of the greatest degree of reliability. Staining of nonspecific proteins is virtually eliminated while very high sensitivity is achieved. Invitrogen has validated this antibody in Western blotting.
High Sensitivity Lets You Detect Low Levels of Target Protein
ABfinity™ antibodies demonstrate much higher sensitivity than ordinary antibodies. Proteins expressed in low levels can be detected with high specificity allowing you to use less of your precious samples than with ordinary antibodies.
Recombinant Rabbit IgG—Use Like Any Other IgG Antibody
As with traditional IgG antibodies, gel electrophoresis of ABfinity™ antibodies produces a 150 kDa band under non-reducing conditions and 50 kDa and 25 kDa bands under reducing conditions.
For research use only. Not intended for any human or animal therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Learn more about the superior performance of ABfinity™ recombinant monoclonal antibodies.
See Invitrogen's full line of ABfinity™ recombinant monoclonal antibodies.
1. Manfredi JJ. The Mdm2-p53 relationship evolves: Mdm2 swings both ways as an oncogene and a tumor suppressor. Genes Dev. 2010 Aug 1;24(15):1580-9. Review. Erratum in: Genes Dev. 2010 Sep 15;24(18):2105. PubMed PMID: 20679392.
2. Lozano G, Montes de Oca Luna R. MDM2 function. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998 Apr 17;1377(2):M55-9. Review. PubMed PMID: 9606977.
3. Weaver J, Downs-Kelly E, Goldblum JR, Turner S, Kulkarni S, Tubbs RR, Rubin BP, Skacel M. Fluorescence in situ hybridization for MDM2 gene amplification as a diagnostic tool in lipomatous neoplasms. Mod Pathol. 2008 Aug;21(8):943-9. PubMed PMID: 18500263.