This purified ABfinity™ recombinant rabbit anti-PKC-theta [pT538] monoclonal antibody is specific to human PKC-theta [pT538], and does not recognize non-phosphorylated PKC-theta. Based on sequence identity and similarity, reactivity to mouse, rat, chimpanzee, bovine, and Xenopus is expected. ABfinity™ recombinant rabbit anti-PKC-theta [pT538] monoclonal antibody is used in western blotting, flow cytometry, immunofluorescence, and immunohistochemistry applications.
• Applications: Validated applications for rabbit anti-PKC-theta [pT538] monoclonal antibody are western blotting, flow cytometry, immunofluorescence, and immunohistochemistry.
• Host Species and Isotype: The host species and isotype of the antibody is rabbit IgG.
• Clone ID of Monoclonal Antibody (mAb): The rabbit anti-PKC-theta [pT538] monoclonal antibody clone is F4H4L1.
• Reactivity: Reacts with human PKC-theta [pT538].
• Product Size: Anti-PKC-theta [pT538] monoclonal antibody is available in a 100 µg size.
Protein Kinase CΘ (PKCΘ) is an 80 kDa member of the novel group (nPKCs: sensitive to diacylglycerol, phosphatidylserine, and phorbol esters) of the PKC family of serine/threonine kinases that are involved in a wide range of physiological processes including mitogenesis, cell survival and homeostasis. Transgenic mice over-expressing dominant negative PKCΘ develop hyperinsulinimia. PKCΘ is involved in JNK activation and also plays a specialized role in TCR-mediated activation of T and B cells. Through its control of Rap1, PKCΘ establishes a threshold for T-cell activation and positively regulates cytokine response and adhesive properties. The activation of PKCΘ in T-cells is associated with its recruitment to the membrane, and is mediated by PI3-kinase and Vav. PKCΘ is a constitutively competent kinase and is phosphorylated on threonine 538 in the activation loop. The phosphorylation of threonine 538 is critical to PKCΘ kinase activity, and plays an important role in PKCΘ-mediated activation of nuclear factor κB (NF-κB).