These uniform and superparamagnetic beads are 2.8 µm in diameter, with a monolayer - not a multilayer - of recombinant streptavidin covalently coupled to the surface. This leaves the vast majority of the biotin binding sites sterically available for binding, not only of free biotin, but also for binding of biotinylated ligands/targets. They are hydrophilic, negatively charged and show rapid liquid-phase reaction kinetics. Their specific and defined surface allow for efficient capture, separation and downstream handling. The streptavidin monolayer ensures negligible leakage, and the lack of excess adsorbed streptavidin ensures batch consistency and reproducibility of your results.
Benefits and Features:
- Direct and fast isolation of any biotinylated molecule
- Flexible protocols with gentle and efficient liquid-phase reaction kinetics
- Very low non-specific binding of nucleotides and nucleic acids
- Very low aggregation in high-salt hybridization buffers
- Well suited for nucleic acid applications with extreme demands
- Low non-specific binding of small and negatively charged proteins,
- Production follows a validated process in compliance with cGMP for medical device
- Well suited for automated protocols
Over the past 15 years, Streptavidin-coupled Dynabeads® have been used and cited for a very wide variety of applications. Examples include direct/indirect isolation and downstream handling of nucleic acids, proteins/peptides and other target molecules. Ideal for sequence specific DNA/RNA capture in nucleic acid based diagnostics, specifically with samples with a high chaotropic salt concentration, immunoassays involving small biotinylated antigens and applications that are not compatible with BSA (these beads are not blocked with BSA). Easily adaptated to automated processes. Did you know that Dynabeads® are employed on more than 25,000 routine IVD instruments worldwide?
The size of the molecule and the biotinylation procedure will affect the binding capacity. The capacity also depends on steric availability and charge interaction between bead and molecule and between molecules. There are two or three biotin binding sites available for each streptavidin molecule on the surface of the bead after immobilization. One mg of Dynabeads® M-270 Streptavidin typically binds:
- > 950 pmoles free biotin
- approx. 200 pmol biotinylated peptides
- approx. 10 µg biotinylated IgG
- approx. 10 µg ds-DNA
- approx. 200 pmol ss-Oligonucleotides.
The product holds reputable Dynal high standards with respect to reproducibility (both within and between batches), and automation ability, and drives reliability for your results.