These uniform and superparamagnetic beads are 2.8 µm in diameter, with a monolayer - not a multilayer - of recombinant streptavidin covalently coupled to the surface and further blocked with BSA. The monolayer of streptavidin leaves the vast majority of the biotin binding sites sterically available for binding, not only of free biotin, but also for binding of biotinylated ligands/targets. They show rapid liquid-phase reaction kinetics. Their specific and defined surface allow for efficient capture, separation and downstream handling. The streptavidin monolayer ensures negligible leakage, and the lack of excess adsorbed streptavidin ensures batch consistency and reproducibility of your results.
Benefits and Features:
- Direct and fast isolation of any biotinylated molecule
- Low charged and neutral beads, optimal for binding of DNA fragments, proteins, peptides and antibodies
- Flexible protocols with gentle and efficient liquid-phase reaction kinetics
- Biomagnetic protocols are easily adapted to automated platforms
- High batch-to-batch reproducibility, securing consistent results in your application
Over the past 15 years, Dynabeads® M-280 Streptavidin has been used and cited for a very wide variety of applications. Key applications include preparing 2-5 kb samples for mate pair library sequencing using Illumina platforms, preparing single-stranded DNA templates, isolation of RNA and DNA binding proteins, immobilization of large DNA fragments, purifying sequencing products and the specific capture of nucleic acids. Did you know that Dynabeads® are employed on more than 25,000 routine IVD instruments worldwide?
The size of the molecule and the biotinylation procedure will affect the binding capacity. The capacity also depends on steric availability and charge interaction between bead and molecule and between molecules. There are two or three biotin binding sites available for each streptavidin molecule on the surface of the bead after immobilization.
One mg of Dynabeads® M-280 Streptavidin typically binds:
- 650-900 pmoles free biotin
- approx. 200 pmol biotinylated peptides
- approx. 10 µg biotinylated IgG
- approx. 10 µg ds-DNA
- approx. 200 pmol ss-Oligonucleotides.
The product holds reputable Dynal high standards with respect to reproducibility (both within and between batches), and automation ability, and drives reliability for your results.