The Dynabeads® kilobaseBINDERTM Kit is designed for immobilizing long double stranded DNA molecules (>2 kb). This product has been useful for innovative applications in cell biology (e.g. building chromatin beads that mimic chromosomes for the study of self-organization of microtubules into bipolar spindles, building synthetic nuclei for studying RNA export from the nucleus in vitro, reconstituting nuclear movement along microtubules and examination of the molecular basis of this movement in vitro. A reference list is available upon request.
Benefits and Features:
- Increased binding capacity for >2 kb dsDNA molecules
- Chromatin isolation within minutes
- High batch-to-batch reproducibility, securing consistent results in your application
The size of the molecule and the biotinylation procedure will affect the binding capacity. The capacity also depends on steric availability and charge interaction between bead and molecule and between molecules. The Dynabeads® are coated with a monolayer of recombinant streptavidin. This leaves the majority of the biotin binding sites sterically available for binding not only of free biotin, but also biotinylated ligands/targets.
The streptavidin monolayer is covalently coupled to the beads, ensuring negligible leakage and superior reproducibility. With the unique Binding Solution supplied in this kit, it is possible to immobilize 70 pmoles of a 4 kb biotinylated DNA fragment and 80 pmoles of a 10 kb fragment per mg beads.The Invitrogen Dynal quality control tests ensure the following binding capacity criteria to be fulfilled:
- >10 times better capacity for binding of a biotinylated 4 kb DNA fragments per mg beads when using the Binding Solution compared to no use of Binding Solution.
- >195 μg (6 pmol) biotinylated 50 kb DNA fragment per mg beads. In addition, the EMBL, Heidelberg group who developed the Binding Solution has reported the following results:
- Approximately 400 μg (100 pmole) biotinylated 6.2 kb DNA fragments per mg Dynabeads M-280 Streptavidin.
The product holds reputable Dynal high standards with respect to reproducibility (both within ad between batches), and drives reliability for your results.