The VeriFiler™ Direct PCR Amplification Kit is a multiplex assay designed to amplify 9 unique STR loci plus the sex determining marker amelogenin. The kit’s loci configuration is optimized for use with the Identifiler® series of kits to enable increased discriminatory power when needed for your difficult paternity cases. In addition to its ability to amplify from gDNA extracts, the kit is validated for direct amplification from common single-source samples. Direct amplification eliminates the need for gDNA extraction and quantification, minimizing hands on time and labor requirements. The VeriFiler™ Direct kit helps you get more information using your existing instrumentation and workflow.
The VeriFiler™ Direct PCR Amplification Kit:
• Targets these 9 STR loci: TH01, D2S1338, D19S433, D6S1043, D1S1656, D2S441, D10S1248, D12S391, D22S1045
• Employs a direct amplification workflow from these common sample types used in paternity testing: buccal swabs, FTA card punches, gDNA extracts
• Works with your existing Applied Biosystems® CE instrumentation and data analysis software packages: Veriti® and 9700 thermal cyclers, 3130 and 3500 genetic analyzers, GeneMapper® ID and GeneMapper® ID-X software
When run with Identifiler® Series products, the VeriFiler™ Direct kit:
• Yields 6 additional highly discriminatory STR loci
• Amplifies 3 overlapping STR loci to confirm inter-assay genotyping consistency
• Further decreases probability of identity by about 8 orders of magnitude and increases the probability of paternity exclusion
The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer the non-transferable license to use the purchased amount of the product only for paternity testing conducted by the buyer. This license does not include, as ruled by a U.S. Court, a license to use this product in chimerism determination or analysis, molar specimens classification, cell line authentication, determination of fetal sex, cancer analysis, genetic research, non-casework-related forensic applications (such as general research in forensics or teaching and training persons not employed in a forensic laboratory), identifying or determining maternal cell contamination, or sample tracking. Further rights can be obtained by contacting Promega Corp., 2800 Woods Hollow Rd., Madison, WI 53711 USA.