- Designed to improve the overall yield, concentration, and purity of DNA isolated from both routine and challenging forensic samples
- Contains specially developed magnetic particles and reagents that optimize DNA binding and elution of DNA in a small volume
- Offers streamlined protocols to process an extensive variety of forensic samples
- Part of an integrated solution including novel reagents, consumables, and automated options to provide reliable, simplified, and time-saving DNA purification
- Improves downstream genotyping (STR analysis) success rate, to help ensure that critical and often limited casework samples can be successfully analyzed
Several packaging and configuration improvements have been implemented for the updated PrepFiler® kits:
- An additional wash buffer, PrepFiler® Wash Buffer B, has now been incorporated into the kits to minimize the potential for detergent carryover from PrepFiler® Wash Buffer A, which can inhibit downstream PCR applications when the maximum volume of DNA extract is used for subsequent PCR amplification.
- The kit packaging has been updated to include all reagents, including magnetic particles, in the same kit box, with a single expiration date.
- Shipping will occur at ambient temperature, and the kits can also be stored upon receipt at ambient temperature.
- All plastics consumables for use with the PrepFiler® kits will now only be sold separately, to provide the ordering flexibility to select only the plastics consumables needed. These plastics include:
- PrepFiler® Filter Columns for substrate removal and PrepFiler® Spin Tubes for sample processing in tube format
- Non-stick RNase-free Microfuge Tubes (1.5 mL) for optional use with the manual PrepFiler® workflow to process the extract after substrate removal (i.e., if the standard PrepFiler® Spin Tube cap does not securely close) or for final storage of eluted DNA
For Research Use Only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.