Key product features:
• Comprehensive coverage-generate miRNA profiles across 750 rodent (mouse and rat) well-characterized miRNAs with as little as 100 nanograms of total RNA
• High throughput-run up to 36 samples per 8-hour working day with minimal hands-on time and no need for robotics
• Cost effective-3 samples can be run per panel in 33 nanoliter reaction volumes resulting in significant reagent cost savings
Provides Comprehensive Coverage of Well-Studied miRNAs in Sanger miRBase
Many well-characterized rodent (mouse and rat) miRNA sequences from the Sanger miRBase are included. The content is derived from miRBase v15, providing close to full coverage of Sanger well-studied miRNAs using highly-validated TaqMan® MicroRNA Assays.
|Megaplex™ Primer Pools||MicroRNA Targets||Control (+ve)||Control (-ve)|
Streamlined Workflow and High Throughput Sample Handling
The workflow is completed in five steps (Fig 1):
1. Split total RNA sample and process in parallel using Megaplex™ Primer Pools A and B and the supporting TaqMan® MicroRNA Reverse Transcription Kit.
2. Resulting cDNA is preamplified prior to real-time PCR analysis using Megaplex™ PreAmp Pools and TaqMan® PreAmp Master Mix.
3. Preamplified cDNA is diluted, mixed 1:1 with TaqMan® OpenArray® Real-Time PCR Master Mix in the 384-well OpenArray® Sample Loading Plate.
4. TaqMan® OpenArray® Rodent MicroRNA Panels are automatically loaded using the AccuFill™ System.
5. Up to 3 panels are cycled simultaneously on an OpenArray® Real-Time PCR Instrument.
High Concordance to Single-tube Assays
The TaqMan® OpenArray® Rodent MicroRNA Panel has demonstrated high concordance with an R2 value of 0.97 to the mostly commonly used tool for validation: individual TaqMan MicroRNA Assays (Fig 2). The same panel is used in the TaqMan® OpenArray® Rodent MicroRNA Panel, QuantStudio™ 12K Flex, enabling accurate answers to help minimize validation.
Additional Required Reagents
These products are also required to run the TaqMan® OpenArray® Rodent MicroRNA Panel:
• Megaplex™ Primer Pools (PN 4444750 or 4444766)
• TaqMan® MicroRNA Reverse Transcription Kit (PN 4366596 or 4366597)
• TaqMan® PreAmp Master Mix (PN 4391128)
• TaqMan® OpenArray® Real-Time PCR Master Mix (PN 4462159 or 4462164)
• OpenArray® Real-Time Accessories Kit (PN 4453975)
• OpenArray® 384-well Sample Plates (PN 4406947)
• OpenArray® AccuFill™ System Tips (PN 4457246 or 4458107)
Download OpenArray® Plate Files
OpenArray® Plate Files (TPF) are needed to process your TaqMan® OpenArray® MicroRNA Panels on the OpenArray® Real-Time PCR System.
Need Help Deciding What to Order?
Try the TaqMan® OpenArray® miRNA Panel Ordering Calculator.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostics procedures.