Key product features:
• Comprehensive coverage-generate miRNA profiles across 754 human miRNAs with as little as 100 nanograms of total RNA
• High throughput-run up to 36 samples per 8-hour working day with minimal hands-on time and no need for robotics
• Cost effective-3 samples can be run per panel in 33 nanoliter reaction volumes resulting in significant reagent cost savings
Provides Comprehensive Coverage of Well-Studied miRNAs in Sanger miRBase
Many well-characterized human miRNA sequences from the Sanger miRBase are included. The content is derived from miRBase v14, providing close to full coverage of Sanger well-studied miRNAs using highly-validated TaqMan® MicroRNA Assays.
|Megaplex™ Primer Pools||MicroRNA Targets||Control (+ve)||Control (-ve)|
Streamlined Workflow and High Throughput Sample Handling
The workflow is completed in five steps (Fig 1):
1. Split total RNA sample and process in parallel using Megaplex™ Primer Pools A and B and the supporting TaqMan® MicroRNA Reverse Transcription Kit.
2. Resulting cDNA is preamplified prior to real-time PCR analysis using Megaplex™ PreAmp Pools and TaqMan® PreAmp Master Mix.
3. Preamplified cDNA is diluted, mixed 1:1 with TaqMan® OpenArray® Real-Time PCR Master Mix in the 384-well OpenArray® Sample Loading Plate.
4. TaqMan® OpenArray® Human MicroRNA Panels are automatically loaded using the AccuFill™ System.
5. Up to 3 panels are cycled simultaneously on an OpenArray® Real-Time PCR Instrument.
Profile MicroRNA with Real-Time PCR Performance
A single panel generates 818 high quality TaqMan® Assay datapoints using Megaplex™ Primer Pools and TaqMan® MicroRNA Assays:
• Demonstrated dynamic range 4 logs or more (Fig 2)
• Minimally, >90% of assays demonstrate standard deviations <0.5 using typical tissue total RNA sample
• Demonstrated high concordance with individual TaqMan® MicroRNA Assays (Fig 3)
Helps Elucidate the Role of miRNAs in Human Disease
MicroRNAs have been demonstrated to play pivotal roles in the etiology of a variety of common human diseases, including cancer. TaqMan® MicroRNA Assay analysis tools can help you develop biomarkers for cancer, better understand cancer stem cells, and further elucidate the role of miRNAs in the development and progression of cancer.
Additional Required Reagents
These products are also required to run the TaqMan® OpenArray® Rodent MicroRNA Panel:
• Megaplex™ Primer Pools (PN 4444750 or 4444766)
• TaqMan® MicroRNA Reverse Transcription Kit (PN 4366596 or 4366597)
• TaqMan® PreAmp Master Mix (PN 4391128)
• TaqMan® OpenArray® Real-Time PCR Master Mix (PN 4462159 or 4462164)
• OpenArray® Real-Time Accessories Kit (PN 4453975)
• OpenArray® 384-well Sample Plates (PN 4406947)
• OpenArray® AccuFill™ System Tips (PN 4457246 or 4458107)
Download OpenArray® Plate Files
OpenArray® Plate Files (TPF) are needed to process your TaqMan® OpenArray® MicroRNA Panels on the OpenArray® Real-Time PCR System.
Need Help Deciding What to Order?
Try the TaqMan® OpenArray® miRNA Panel Ordering Calculator.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostics procedures.