This kit contains reagents needed to reliably detect the presence of genetically modified organism (GMO)-specific DNA sequences in seed, grain, processed foods and their ingredients.
• Universal assay detects and quantifies all approved genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in Europe and the vast majority of GMOs approved in other countries.
• Fluorogenic 5' nuclease assay using TaqMan® probes provides accurate and reproducible quantitative results.
• Label license conveys the PCR service rights for GMO testing when used in conjunction with an Authorized Thermal Cycler, so no additional royalties are payable.
• Comprehensive controls provide high confidence in results.
• Innovative GMO quantitation software allows users to quickly and easily determine the percentage of GMO content.
• Offers the complete solution including sample preparation, instruments, reagents, analysis software, technical support, instrument service, and GMO expertise.
The Complete Solution
The TaqMan® GMO Detection and Quantitation Kit is the first of a full product line of GMO assays in development at Life Technologies® that can detect the presence of GMO-specific DNA sequences in seed, grain, and processed foods and their ingredients. The TaqMan® GMO kit is part of a highly sophisticated but user-friendly system that includes DNA sample preparation, automated PCR amplification and signal detection, data analysis, and quantitation software, thus eliminating the need for personnel trained in molecular techniques.
Reliable TaqMan® Chemistry
The system uses the patented fluorogenic 5' nuclease method for multiplex detection and quantitation, the latest innovation in real-time PCR technology. It targets the Cauliflower Mosaic Virus 35S promoter, a GMO-specific sequence present in all GMO soy and maize events approved for use in food by the European Union, and in the vast majority of GMO events approved by other countries. Both the European Union and Japan view this method as the premier technology for quantitating GMO content in food. Other TaqMan® kits are available for the detection and quantitation of food-borne pathogens, including Salmonella and E. coli 0157:H7.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostics procedures.