Streptavidin-coupled Dynabeads® is the gold standard for isolation and handling of biotinylated nucleic acids, antibodies or other biotinylated ligands and targets. The liquid-phase behavior in combination with the superparamagnetic properties of the beads provide rapid reaction kinetics both in the coating process, separation and during washing of the analyte.
The product holds reputable Dynal high standards with respect to reproducibility and automation ability, and drives reliability for your assays.
Benefits and Features:
- Direct and fast capture of any biotinylated ligand or target
- Flexible solid-phase protocols with superior liquid-phase reaction kinetics
- Fast and efficient washing procedures
- Easy and reproducible handling in manufacturing
- Low non-specific binding of small and negatively charged proteins
- Very low non-specific binding of nucleotides and nucleic acids
- Low aggregation of beads in high salt solutions
- Well suited for nucleic acid applications with extreme demands
- Well suited for automated protocols
- High batch-to-batch reproducibility, securing consistent results in your application
- Production follows a validated process in compliance with cGMP for medical device
Efficient capture of biotinylated molecules. For direct⁄indirect isolation and downstream handling of nucleic acids, proteins⁄peptides and other target molecules. Due to their uniformity, excellent batch reproducibility and ease of adaptation to automated processes,
Dynabeads® M-270 Streptavidin are ideal for sequence specific DNA⁄RNA capture in nucleic acid based diagnostics, specifically with samples with a high chaotropic salt concentration, immunoassays involving small biotinylated antigens and applications that are not compatible with BSA (these beads are not blocked with BSA). Well suited for immunodiagnostics with hydrophobic targets.
The size of the molecule and the biotinylation procedure will affect the binding capacity. The capacity also depends on steric availability and charge interaction between bead and molecule and between molecules. There are two or three biotin binding sites available for each streptavidin molecule on the surface of the bead after immobilization. One mg of Dynabeads® MyOne&trafe; Streptavidin C1 typically binds > 2,500 pmoles free biotin, approx. 400 pmol biotinylated peptides, up to 20 µg biotinylated antibody, approx. 20 µg ds DNA or 500 pmol ss oligonucleotides.
This specific product format is for large volume customers, available on an OEM basis. The product is also available in smaller volumes for end-users (Cat. no 653-05, 653-06 and 653-07).