The 1 µm MyOne™ beads are widely used as a solid phase in automated protocols where high throughput is crucial. The liquid-phase behavior in combination with the superparamagnetic properties of the beads provide rapid reaction kinetics both in the coating process, separation and during washing of the analyte. The beads also feature a large surface area, high capacity, efficient magnetic pull and a slow sedimentation rate during incubation.
The product holds reputable Dynal high standards with respect to reproducibility and automation ability, and drives reliability for your assays.
Benefits and Features:
- Direct and fast capture of any biotinylated ligand or target
- Flexible solid-phase protocols with superior liquid-phase reaction kinetics
- Small bead-size, high capacity and improved reaction kinetics compared to the M-280⁄M-270 beads
- Low sedimention rate, yet a high iron content ensuring rapid magnetic separation
- Easy and reproducible handling in manufacturing
- Very low aggregation
- Fast and efficient washing procedures
- Low non-specific binding of small and negatively charged proteins
- Very low non-specific binding of nucleotides and nucleic acids
- Well suited for nucleic acid applications with extreme demands
- Reproducible behavior in automation without mixing requirements
- High batch-to-batch reproducibility, securing consistent results in your application
- Production follows a validated process in compliance with cGMP for medical device
Efficient capture of biotinylated molecules. For direct⁄indirect isolation and downstream handling of nucleic acids, proteins⁄peptides and other target molecules. Ideal for sequence specific DNA⁄RNA capture in nucleic acid based diagnostics, specifically with samples with a high chaotropic salt concentration, immunoassays involving small biotinylated antigens and applications that are not compatible with BSA. Well suited for immunodiagnostics with hydrophobic targets.
The size of the molecule and the biotinylation procedure will affect the binding capacity. The capacity also depends on steric availability and charge interaction between bead and molecule and between molecules. There are two or three biotin binding sites available for each streptavidin molecule on the surface of the bead after immobilization. One mg of Dynabeads® M-280 Streptavidin typically binds > 950 pmoles free biotin, approx. 200 pmol biotinylated peptides, up to10 µg biotinylated antibody, approx. 10 µg ds-DNA or 200 pmol ss-Oligonucleotides.
This specific product format is for large volume customers, available on an OEM basis. The product is also available in smaller volumes for end-users (Cat. no 650-01, 650-02 and 650-03).