The new DynaMag™-2 magnet is optimized for efficient magnetic separation in small sample volumes using Dynabeads®. The DynaMag™-2 magnet combines a strong magnetic attraction for efficient separations with a flexible and smart ergonomic design. The top rack can be easily removed from the magnet in the base, ready for resuspension, vortexing, rotation or manual sample shaking. A center pin in the rack ensures equal vortexing of all tubes. The rack can also be removed and used to store tubes. The magnet can be used with all types of Dynabeads® for efficient isolation of proteins and nucleic acids. The 16 numbered sample spaces make this magnet ideal for parallel handling of multiple samples. With 8 tube positions on each side of the rack you can easily scale your protocols with 96 well plate reactions.
- Optimal working volume: 10–2,000 µl
- Holds up to 16 standard 1.5 - 2 ml micro-centrifuge tubes in numbered spaces
- Good control and visibility of your isolations
- Top rack can be quickly removed from the magnet in the base, ready for resuspension, vortexing, rotation or manual sample shaking
- This magnet is not compatible with the MX4 Mixer
- This magnet replaces the Dynal MPC™-S magnet
- The removable tube-holder plastic rack is also available as a separate item (Cat. no. 123-22D). Purchasing an additional SampleRack minimizes the need to move tubes between racks. The rack can be placed on the bench, in the fridge, or in the incubator.